submitting a higher ielts score to eoi after skills assessment

callthemidwife

HELP! I'm a UK registered midwife. I have sent required docs to ahpra and anmac,now waiting.

I scored 8.5 overall in ielts but got 7.5 in reading section so can only get 10 points towards 189 visa, but I need 20.

If I resit ielts and achieve 8 in all sections can I submit this new score to eoi or does it have to be test result submitted to anmac (skills assessment)

Thanks!!

• 1 month later...

Maybe contact ANMAC and ask them direct?

1. Home

Share on printShare on email

[h=1]International services[/h][h=2]Overview[/h]The Australian Nursing and Midwifery Accreditation Council (ANMAC) assesses the skills of nurses and midwives who want to migrate here under Australia’s General Skilled Migration Program.

We are the independent assessing authority authorised by law to conduct these assessments by the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP).

[h=2]What we do[/h][h=3]Who we assess[/h]ANMAC’s International Services section currently assesses the skills of:

• internationally qualified nurses
  • internationally qualified midwives
  • enrolled nurses (as of 1 July 2013 - see communique (137 KB))
  • international nursing and midwifery students studying in Australia who have completed their course and gained Australian registration.

[h=3]Assessment categories[/h]ANMAC only assesses nurses and midwives applying for skilled migration visas to enter Australia. We do so under two categories:

1. modified assessment, for those holding current registration in Australia or New Zealand
  2. full assessment, for those holding current registration outside Australia or New Zealand.

[h=3]Assessment approach[/h]ANMAC’s assessment approach is methodical and thorough. This ensures we perform our duties to the highest standards on behalf of the Australian Government. This includes playing a key role in protecting and promoting the health and safety of the Australian community by ensuring high standards of nursing and midwifery education.

The assessment team in our International Services section handles all skills assessments of nurses and midwives for migration purposes.

[h=2]We do not[/h]By law ANMAC cannot, and does not, handle these functions:

1. Register nurses or midwives to work in Australia. This is handled by the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia.
  2. Employ nurses and midwives in Australia.
  3. Give advice on how you can get your name on Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency’s (AHPRA) public register of nurses and midwives. You need to contact AHPRA for this. This includes advice on how to:
    • enter your name on the register
    • maintain your name on it
    • re-enter your name on it.

[*] Give advice on visa or immigration matters. You need to contact the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) for this.

[*] If found unsuitable for migration, give specific advice on what you need to do to become suitable for migration, except to refer you to organisations that can help.

[*] Give advice on employment or industrial relations matters.

[*] Conduct education courses.

[h=2]Choose your option[/h]Migration agents Applicants

Case study

[h=2]Ying's experience applying for her modified assessment online[/h]Ying%20-%20iStock_000009686471_resize.jpg?itok=nd3COd6v

Ying, an international nursing student, recently completed her Bachelor of Nursing degree at a Melbourne university. She now has unconditional registration with AHPRA as a registered nurse. This means her name appears on the public register AHPRA has on its website.

To get permanent residency, Ying has confirmed with Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) that she first needs to have her skills assessed by ANMAC.

Ying visits our website and applies for her modified assessment online. She completes her application, answering all questions, and pays for her application online with her credit card.

After accepting Ying’s payment, we send her a confirmation email with her application form. We ask Ying to check that she has answered everything in her application form correctly. We also send Ying a reference number.

Ying prints out her final application and sends it to us in Canberra by post, with her supporting documents. She double checks she has not missed anything and makes sure her solicitor certifies her documents correctly to avoid delays. Ying knows that without any work experience as a nurse she can only apply under ANZSCO Code 254499. She does not need to provide professional references for assessment.

Now it is time for us to process the final package of information Ying has sent.

When Ying was on our website she looked at the times for processing applications. Our website indicates that, although we work as quickly as we can, our assessors often have a heavy workload and so it takes time to process applications. This means she might have to wait at least 16 weeks before she gets a Letter of Determination from us telling her if she is suitable for migration or not suitable for migration, even though our assessment time is usually 12 weeks.

Ying does not have to keep phoning or email us for updates since we send her emails as her application progresses. Phoning or emailing us just adds to our workload and slows down the assessment process.

In the meantime Ying is concerned that her student visa could expire before she hears from ANMAC on her skills assessment. She calls us to ask if her application can be prioritised. We tell Ying that it cannot. We also tell her that it is important for her to speak to DIBP because this is the Australian Government department that is responsible for visas. ANMAC is not in charge of visas.

Ying is glad she now knows where to go for her visa questions and she calls DIBP. They tell her what her visa options are.

In the meantime, Ying waits for her Letter of Determination. She does not call or email us again to see if we can rush her application because she knows we cannot do so.

• 3 weeks later...

On my first IELTS I gained8.0 overall but got 6.5 in my reading which was obviously no use for my ANMAC application, however, I had click on submit stating I'd gained higher than the required 7, it was only when I realised what I'd done that I begin to panic thinking I would lose my application fee etc.

I sent an email to ANMAC straight away apologising for my misunderstanding, they were lovely and said as it had already been submitted I would still have approx 14 weeks before they would be looking at it. 14 weeks later, and on my 4th test I eventually passed, I emailed ANMAC to inform them as they had sent an email a few days before saying that as soon as I passed the IELTS they would process the rest of my application, quite lucky really as I then didn't have to wait another 14 weeks, they could have easily put me to the bottom of the list but they didn't, they lodged it within a couple of days of receiving it.

you could re sit the general IELTS and as long as you get 8's in each you could gain a further 10'points.

good luck

Archived