Is this the funniest gaffe so far from the Abott govmint?

Harpodom

Is this the funniest gaffe so far from the Abott govmint?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Is this the funniest gaffe so far from the Abott govmint?

• Yep, it takes the biscuit
    • No, expect much, much worse to come. They haven't even started yet!
    • It's not a gaffe, I don't believe in climate change, unless you mean global cooling
    • It's not a gaffe, no are the other examples mentioned

"Tony Abbott has a reputation for gaffes, but his bewildering comments have all the hallmarks of one of the Westminster government’s international briefings against Scotland"

Alex Salmond's spokesman sounds more statesmanlike than the PM of Australia!

Regardless, He is most likely correct in what he claims re Tony Abbott's comments.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He will get slaughtered in Scotland for such a ridiculous statement.. He really needs to think before he speaks! lol

The Australian prime minister’s comment that an independent Scotland would not be in the best interests of the international community were described as a “gaffe” by a spokesman for Scotland’s first minister, Alex Salmond.

“Tony Abbott has a reputation for gaffes, but his bewildering comments have all the hallmarks of one of the Westminster government’s international briefings against Scotland,” the spokesman said.

Abbott told the Times: “What the Scots do is a matter for the Scots and not for a moment do I presume to tell Scottish voters which way they should vote.

“But as a friend of Britain, as an observer from afar, it’s hard to see how the world would be helped by an independent Scotland

Now, will someone please tell me how Tony Abbott's comments represent a gaffe?

Typical Guardian anti-Abbott rubbish, from people who could never accept that he could win power.

Didn't Obama say much the same thing about Scotland ? Are world leaders now to keep their mouths shut over all foriegn affairs , or maybe only if they're assisting in emergency aid drops or crash investigation. The one sided blinkered vision , especially from these liberal folk never fails to amaze me. Maybe unhappiness in their own lives drives them to seek out targets for their vitriol .

Archived