Does PSS reassemble furniture in Oz?

Austrial

Two days before PSS were due to remove our personal effects (sole use 20 feet container) I was advised by the company that I would have to dismantle wardrobes or other DIY assembled furniture (apart from beds and tables) as the removers would not do so. I was really worried and upset as I did not have either the time or help to dismantle wardrobes. I resigned myself to leaving them behind.

The removals team however were brilliant. Without even asking, they dismantled and packed everything, including one DIY assembled PC trolley table.

PSS told me that their Australian delivering counterpart (Kents) would only deliver and unwrap but not re-assemble. The removal staff however said Kents should reassemble all the furniture which has been shipped as part of the contract. I don't know what to expect as I will certainly not be able to reassemble all the furniture without help. Worse case scenario, I will have to try and find a handy man in Oz to reassemble!

Thanks for your advice.

I thought it depended upon what you paid for. We had full unpack and reassemble.

Thanks Pumpkin, here are a few more details. I paid for door to door transportation of personal effects. The quote referred to professional packing at residence - transfer to container - processing through customs - delivery, unwrapping and removal of packing materials. It is option 3 costed at £5070 for 20 feet container.

So I would expect that re-assembly at the point of delivery would be included as it was done at my residence in the UK.

They put our beds up but they will not do childrens beds they are not insured to. They assemble anything else that needs reassembling but for us it was not much more than beds. They were paid to unpack but basically what this means is they will take everything out of the boxes and put it on the floor/side. We opted not to let them do this as it would have just made unpacking harder

Edited by davewilton

Thanks Pumpkin, here are a few more details. I paid for door to door transportation of personal effects. The quote referred to professional packing at residence - transfer to container - processing through customs - delivery, unwrapping and removal of packing materials. It is option 3 costed at £5070 for 20 feet container.

So I would expect that re-assembly at the point of delivery would be included as it was done at my residence in the UK.

Certainly sounds like you have paid for full service then so yes I would expect furniture to be reassembled.

They put our beds up but they will not do childrens beds they are not insured to. They assemble anything else that needs reassembling but for us it was not much more than beds. They were paid to unpack but basically what this means is they will take everything out of the boxes and put it on the floor/side. We opted not to let them do this as it would have just made unpacking harder

We were told they were not allowed to put anything on the floor, so we had to work quickly putting things away as they unpacked so that the was always somewhere for them to put things they unpacked. At least it meant it was all over and done with in the one day, I'd be unpacking for months if I left it.