LPG or Diesel

Guest kenpom

Guest kenpom

Hi all

I may be driving circa 100 miles per day round trip to commute.

Can anyone advise if I will be better off with an lpg car or a small diesel such as a citroen C3.

Do any makers have a small lpg car or is it mostly the bigger cars.

Cheers

Ken

Guest John Sydney

You can get LPG fitted to most cars (aftermarket) Personally I have not seen any small cars fitted with it - guess it doesn't make sense. 100 miles per day is not much and as petrol is still cheap in a small car you only be using 4-6 litres

with Gas 6-8 litres so the price difference would take a long time to pay for the conversion

As for Diesel at the moment its higher than petrol - again there is a surcharge of a couple of thousands on car price which takes a long while to pay off

Guest kenpom

Thanks John that is interetsing.

I was looking at a citroen C3 diesel which does 70mpg but maybe its better to buy a smaller petrol car which could be a lot cheaper.

Do you have any idea of the conversion cost to lpg?

Guest Guest12551

hi there.. just a thought for you .. i use a diesel xantia, here in scotland.. and use vegetable oil in my car.. works great .. even better than diesel....... at 70 p per ltr here. its 44p per ltr cheaper than diesel,, miles per gallon is the same but you do have to change fuel filter between 2-5 thousand miles (£4 per filter) so quite a saving.. i dont know how much it is over there but you want to look into it.. cheers john , marie

Cany help with the LPG thing but my hubby did 100miles a day in he UK and had a Toyota Yaris Diesel that did about 70mpg too.

Dont know about the cost difference between a Yaris and a C3 but you dont see many C3's about and I would think servicing/parts etc might be higher as a result. I see loads of Yaris's everyday (I now have one but petrol).

He was very pleased with his Yaris.

As already said diesel is more expensive than petrol too.

Sam

Archived