Rabies Testing

Guest Guest98974

Guest Guest98974

Hi Bob, we got our retriever his rabies jab in March and tested fine in April. Looking more into it, it seems only 2 centres are approved for testing the blood. Our vet used his normal lab, which is not one of the 2. :arghh:

My my wife spoke with DEFRA today and they advised there are ways around this, including getting a waiver from the Australian authority.

Have you ever come across this, and is there a way around it, other than having him having more shots and blood tests? Vet issued a pet passport, so at least he is approved and we do have a copy of the lab report.

Time is an issue as we are probably looking at next few months and can't really wait another 6 months to move back.

Thanks in advance

Hi

Can you send me the form by email - bob@petairuk.com

I am not sure that the Australians will give you a dispensation though.

Get your vets to call the lab they sent the bloods too and see if they still have the actual blood and then that blood can be sent to the official lab.

The other thing to bear in mind is that most vets send the blood to their own labs for testing and the lab sends it to one of the official labs, so it may actually be ok anyway.

Send it over and i can have a look and tell you

Guest Guest98974
Hi

Can you send me the form by email - bob@petairuk.com

I am not sure that the Australians will give you a dispensation though.

Get your vets to call the lab they sent the bloods too and see if they still have the actual blood and then that blood can be sent to the official lab.

The other thing to bear in mind is that most vets send the blood to their own labs for testing and the lab sends it to one of the official labs, so it may actually be ok anyway.

Send it over and i can have a look and tell you

Thanks for replying Bob.

My wife spoke with the lab directly today and they do send to one of the official labs, so drama is averted. They can supply us with a copy of the form required. Time to start looking at next steps......

Guest Guest98974
Splendid news. Next steps indeed. Give us a call if you want a quote from us.

Thanks Bob, my wife emailed last night and I have just went back to Zara with Charlies breed.

Cheers