Newly qualified nurse

Barrowz

Hi my name is hannah I'm 26 and I'm new to PIO, I will qualify as a nurse September 19th diploma And will be working in critical care cardio thoracic's. My hubby is a carpenter/joiner 8 years experience and We have 4 children Anna-Maria 7, phoebe5, Isaac 2 & levison 9 months. My brother and sister in law have PR and live in NSW. We want to emigrate to QLD Hopefully October 2015.

However I'm looking through the forums about APHRA but I'm seeing conflicting info like they won't accept diploma is this true? ? and the time it's taking to process applications, is it worth applying now? As it looks to be taking longer than the actual visa process.

any help appreciated thank u

Hi Hannah

Unfortunately its true about AHPRA not recognising a diploma trained nurse :( The situation may change in future, plenty of nurses are arguing the case anyway. There are options to try and do a top up degree etc, dont let this stop you from gaining PR though. You wont be able to work as a nurse with AHPRA but you can still apply for PR.

Hi Hannah

Unfortunately its true about AHPRA not recognising a diploma trained nurse :( The situation may change in future, plenty of nurses are arguing the case anyway. There are options to try and do a top up degree etc, dont let this stop you from gaining PR though. You wont be able to work as a nurse with AHPRA but you can still apply for PR.

to apply for PR you need a skill on the SOL/CSOL though so unless hubby can be main applicant OP is best looking at topping up with a degree.

Hi my name is hannah I'm 26 and I'm new to PIO, I will qualify as a nurse September 19th diploma And will be working in critical care cardio thoracic's. My hubby is a carpenter/joiner 8 years experience and We have 4 children Anna-Maria 7, phoebe5, Isaac 2 & levison 9 months. My brother and sister in law have PR and live in NSW. We want to emigrate to QLD Hopefully October 2015.

However I'm looking through the forums about APHRA but I'm seeing conflicting info like they won't accept diploma is this true?  and the time it's taking to process applications, is it worth applying now? As it looks to be taking longer than the actual visa process.

any help appreciated thank u

Could your husband be main visa applicant? That way may give you some breathing space. However Australia particularly QLD has hundreds of newly qualified degree trained nurses looking for work, not sure about rest of Aus but thats likely why Ahpra are toughening up on requirements.

Hi, thanks for reply's, my hubby could apply as the main visa applicant but I would still need to do a degree top up, any ideas on when this was brought in as we were looking the other year and they were taking diploma trained nurses, it makes since tho if there are no jobs, probably why the NHS is crying out for over seas nurses...... Ah well just another bump in The road, we will get there

Archived