Evidence of Polio vaccination demand from case officer

redindian

:mad:Hello.

I have lodged my 489 visa from Bangladesh on 23 January 2014. On March 14, CO allocated and asked me to provide Police clearance and medical report. I provided both the demands on 03 April 2014. Then no more response from CO. But suddenly today he send me a e-mail asking Polio Vaccination Evidence.

According to him "As you are an applicant who has spent 28 days or longer in of these countries on or after 5 May 2014, you are requested to provide your current certificate of vaccination. Please note that failure to provide this certificate may result in unnecessary delays to the processing of your visa application.

Countries: Afghanistan, Cameroon, Equatorial Guinea, Ethiopia, Iraq, Israel, Nigeria, Pakistan, Somalia, Syria"

I am Bangladeshi and I have never lived any other country except Bangladesh. Bangladesh is Polio free country declared by WHO. On the other hand according to DIBP citizens of Bangladesh are exempt from Polio Vaccination Evidence. Source: http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/health-requirements/threats-public-health.htm

I am wondering why the Co has asked me to provide evidence of Polio Vaccination?:arghh:

Archived