489 Visa Delay

Hello,

I am just wondering what's happened about 489 visa process. I have lodged my visa in 23 january 2013 for 489 visa subclass. CO allocated 12 March 2014 and on 03 rd April medical and Police Clearance papers submitted as requested by CO. I hard that a very limited visa would be issued untill 1s July. But its 20 th July now. Still I am waiting for my visa approval. Can any one tell me whats wrong about 489 visa system. I am not sure whether 489 visa is still in abeyance or still on process. Need some help.

Guest The Pom Queen

Just want to say hi and welcome to the forum. Hopefully you won't be waiting too much longer.

HiEmail your CO we did and we received our grant the next day. We lodged 14 March received CO May.....then delay email....I emailed our CO on the 15 July and received our grant email the 16th July.Give it a try....our CO sent us and our agent the grant email. He went the extra mile.Good luck

HiEmail your CO we did and we received our grant the next day. We lodged 14 March received CO May.....then delay email....I emailed our CO on the 15 July and received our grant email the 16th July.Give it a try....our CO sent us and our agent the grant email. He went the extra mile.Good luck

Thanks for your reply. But as far as I know that it is not wise to make contact with C/O. Actually I it is frustrating to wait for a long time for visa issued especially when the standard time frame for visa issue is about 3 months. If you don't mind One more question: If you applied for 489 visa or 190 visa? Thanks.

Thanks for your reply. But as far as I know that it is not wise to make contact with C/O. Actually I it is frustrating to wait for a long time for visa issued especially when the standard time frame for visa issue is about 3 months. If you don't mind One more question: If you applied for 489 visa or 190 visa? Thanks.

We applied for a 489 SS Visa

Thats exactly what we thought until others in the 190 visa categories started emailing their CO'S and then receiving grants within a few days. Some had even lodged after us. After 3 sleepless nights I finally sent an email.

We don't have a CO so there is no one we can email. I spoke to my agent who said that there is no one to contact so we will just have to wait and wait and wait :arghh: The hardest thing is seeing others being granted there visa after only lodging in June and even some in July we have been waiting since April. Any info would be greatly appreciated

• 2 weeks later...
We don't have a CO so there is no one we can email. I spoke to my agent who said that there is no one to contact so we will just have to wait and wait and wait :arghh: The hardest thing is seeing others being granted there visa after only lodging in June and even some in July we have been waiting since April. Any info would be greatly appreciated

Dear Christina77,

Can you please tell us your visa subclass. Usually each visa category has its standard time frame to be allocated a CO though standard time frame is not followed strictly in all cases. But if you are a applicant of subclass 190 or 489 then you can expect that CO would be allocated within 2 months. You can follow the link to find out the detailed http://www.immi.gov.au/about/charters/client-services-charter/visas/8.0.htm.

Hope very soon a CO would be allocated.

Hello,

I am just wondering what's happened about 489 visa process. I have lodged my visa in 23 january 2013 for 489 visa subclass. CO allocated 12 March 2014 and on 03 rd April medical and Police Clearance papers submitted as requested by CO. I hard that a very limited visa would be issued untill 1s July. But its 20 th July now. Still I am waiting for my visa approval. Can any one tell me whats wrong about 489 visa system. I am not sure whether 489 visa is still in abeyance or still on process. Need some help.

Is it family sponsored or state sponsored ????

Is it family sponsored or state sponsored ????

Actually it is state sponsored (South Australia) 489 visa application. By the way, recently my CO from team 33 has requested to provide Polio Vaccination Evidence though Polio Vaccination Evidence is not applicable for me as I am neither an applicant from these ten countries (Afghanistan, Cameroon, Equatorial Guinea, Ethiopia, Iraq, Israel, Nigeria, Pakistan, Somalia, Syria) nor stayed there for a moment. I replied to my CO on 2nd August about this matter and again no reply from him. I am not sure why my CO is delaying so much to make a decision and claiming some unnecessary documents...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Christina,

I'm new to this site, I was going to join once we had been given a case officer but needed to do it now because like you we have been waiting since 24th April!!!! It is driving us mad :mad:and thought that might help if we could talk to people in the same position.

Have you heard anything yet?? Are you using an agent?

Many thanks

claire x

Archived