No Kids

Guest bigjake67

Guest bigjake67

Hi All

We are HOPEFULLY!! Emigrating soon - just me & Gary and there seems to be loads of threads on families and there situations. Gary & I just moving as a couple - would love to here from other couples our age (41 & 39) how easy it would be to make friends.

We have been a couple of times on holiday and stayed with family - but wouldn't always want to rely on them and their friends for social events.

Please can we have your input for Perth Area.

Cheers

X

Guest Paul n Ness

Hi guys

We are 39 & 43 (OMG!) and are hoping to be in Perth Nov 08. Likewise we have no children going with us but have the advantage of a friend over there. We went in Dec 07 and everybody is really friendly. Our friends friends treated us like long lost family and welcomed us into their homes - it was great. :yes:

You will have no problems making your own friends over there unless you are really unlucky - which I doubt. Whereabouts are you planning on going in Perth and when?

Maybe we could get together.

We are exactly the same age as you two (I'm 39 this year - Sarah) and we haven't got kids either and because we both work we've made lots of good friends and have a quieter social life than we did in the UK but that's out of personal choice as we came here for a quieter life and to chill out a bit as we've had a very very busy couple of years.

We are two hours south of Perth in Bunbury and we've found everyone to be very friendly and if you are invited to someone's house then grab the opportunity. They may not turn out to be friends (your type) but you may find other friends along the way. You'll soon get the hang of being invited around people's houses for drinks with no given time of arrival (still getting used to that one) if they cook for you then you will be expected to bring a desert and you always always bring your own booze.

Good luck you'll be fine I"m sure, we love it here and don't feel excluded cos we don't have kids even though we did worry we would.

Sarah

Sarah

Archived