Evidence of Financial Capacity

mcadam

Hi,

My nominated occupation is Architectural Draftsperson (ANZSCO code 312111). I*wish to apply for NT SS next week. I have my positive assessment result from VETASSESS. And IELTS 7+ in all bands. I'm not sure if I should lodge my skillselect EOI first or apply for NT SS first. Please advise me which is better and why.

And if I don't have the required minimum (AU$ 35,000) in financial capacity, what are my chances of getting NT SS?

Thanks

mcadam

Hi, I also applied for NT SS. I submitted my EOI first and then my NT SS. That way as soon as NT have your application they can upload to skillselect and you will receive an invitation to apply. In regards to the finances this was waivered for me as I had a job offer in place. If I hadn't I was planning on having all my assets valued and sending this as proof (as I too don't have that kind of money in the bank) so my house, car, jewellery etc.

Hope this helps and good luck.

Hi, I also applied for NT SS. I submitted my EOI first and then my NT SS. That way as soon as NT have your application they can upload to skillselect and you will receive an invitation to apply. In regards to the finances this was waivered for me as I had a job offer in place. If I hadn't I was planning on having all my assets valued and sending this as proof (as I too don't have that kind of money in the bank) so my house, car, jewellery etc.

Hope this helps and good luck.

Thanks cjenky.

I am filling the EOI now, I don't know if I should select both 190 and 489 or just go for 190 only. I don't want to get bumped to 489.

My family will be providing the financial evidence (still working on that), I'm 26 using all my earnings to fund this PR application. I hope the NT people grant me a sponsorship regardless.

Did you get your NT SS yet?

Hi

I was granted state sponsorship 2 days after applying (my employer played a part in that though I think) and was invited to apply the same day It was really quick. The 489 is not such a bad thing. I know its only a temp visa but once you have fulfilled your 2 years and 1 years employment it is just a matter of ticking a couple of boxes and you will have your PR. If you are applying to NT because that's actually where you want to be that should be easy enough. Obviously if you fill all the criteria for the 190 go for that but if not the 489 is not the end of the world. NT do tend to bump people to the 489 if a) they don't have strong family ties to the NT or b) do not have a job offer.

Best of luck

Interesting. Lucky you. If only there was a job waiting for me :-)

So what if I leave out 489 on my EOI and get bumped to 189? Can I still change this in my EOI? Any implications? I have 60 points with a 190 sponsorship. However no family ties whatsoever #sigh

How's life treating you in Darwin so far? Did you make the move yet?

Have you tried emailing employers in the Territory? I sent an email to all relevant employers, initially to get a feel of what work was available. If you can get a few emails back, positive in that they would employ you should you be in the Territory it can really help with your application. This is what I did prior to applying and I got lucky and had a job offer. Since I had an offer of employment my application was plain sailing.

I personally would put both the 190 and the 489 in the EOI that way you cover all bases as once an application has been put in and you are invited to apply your EOI is frozen so you cant add or amend anything. Then just go ahead and apply for 190 with NT. It is up to them then whether or not they offer you the 190 or bump you to the 489.

I do know they are looking for a well researched commitment to the Territory statement so make sure you put a lot of thought and research into that, you will be fine im sure just go for it.

Good luck

Good advice there @cjenky. I'll find a directory of construction industry employers in the NT and make contact, hope I get a positive response like you.

I think I'm going to take a leap of faith and leave out the 489 in my EOI.

I haven't started writing the commitment statement yet. I'll do that when I cover all bases. But I'm definitely convinced it's going to be NT for me :-)

Please how long do I need to wait after lodging my EOI before applying for NT SS?

Thanks for the encouragement. Cheers...

I had already completed my EOI a couple of months before applying but you can apply to the NT as soon as your EOI has been submitted. They are really quick at acknowledging receipt and I think their standard processing time is 1-2 weeks so quick compared to a lot of other states. One thing to bear in mind. When you are invited to apply for your visa through skillselect you are given 60 days, however NT only allow 28 days what I am trying to say is you think you have 60 days to lodge your visa application through Skill-select but in fact you only have 28 days otherwise you have to re-apply for state sponsorship (Hope that makes sense?)

When looking for employers I got most contacts from Yell.com.au, seemed like the easiest way. If you need any help with the commitment statement give me a shout :)

I had already completed my EOI a couple of months before applying but you can apply to the NT as soon as your EOI has been submitted. They are really quick at acknowledging receipt and I think their standard processing time is 1-2 weeks so quick compared to a lot of other states. One thing to bear in mind. When you are invited to apply for your visa through skillselect you are given 60 days, however NT only allow 28 days what I am trying to say is you think you have 60 days to lodge your visa application through Skill-select but in fact you only have 28 days otherwise you have to re-apply for state sponsorship (Hope that makes sense?)

When looking for employers I got most contacts from Yell.com.au, seemed like the easiest way. If you need any help with the commitment statement give me a shout :)

Oh wOw, only 28 days! Thanks for this info.

I submitted my EOI already. Contacting potential employers now. I should have my commitment statement ready by the weekend. Then I can apply for NT SS...

Thanks @cjenky

• 1 year later...

Archived