where to get van cleaned before shipping

bettyboo

I will be bringing my van with me when we make the move in the next couple of months, whats the best way to have it cleaned ? is there any place at the point of departure that offer this service or would it be best just to do it myself.

• 3 weeks later...
I will be bringing my van with me when we make the move in the next couple of months, whats the best way to have it cleaned ? is there any place at the point of departure that offer this service or would it be best just to do it myself.

Clean it as best you can yourself but the Australian customs will get your freight forwarder to get it steam cleaned in Australia at a secured site. Is this a caravan or a white Ford Transit?

If its an old van - commercial - then expect Customs to clean it and to want to know what it has been carrying i.e. high risk items such as timber, dust, agricultural stuff. If its a new van then a good valet service will do it. I looked around for one who had prepared a car for export and found one through Facebook things for sale type sites. Just think you are preparing it to sell - my car did cry as it thought that was happening - and be objective about how clean it is. Also cleaning is easier in the summer than winter.

Archived