Timeline for 189 visa

budeman

Hi,

I have just started my visa process and was wondering about a couple of things regarding the timeline of how things progress. My wife and I have just started filling in our visa invite form for our 189 visa and should get that sent off in the next week.

Regarding the medical and the police check should I start arranging these now or is it best to wait until I have sent in the original form and have a case officer assigned? Apart from these two is there anything else that I need to arrange that could be started in advance?

The main factor is we are not looking to move until Aug-Sept next year as we are tied in to our mortgage until July. I can imagine it will probably take a few months minimum to get the visa granted and I understand you have a year to validate the visa once it is granted anyway so I think this timeline is reasonable – does anyone have any advice for the next step? Ie wait until form filled in and sent off or start the ball rolling now?

Thanks,

Mark.

Have you completed your skills assessment yet? If not, that will slow you down!

If you require IELTS for points, this will also add some time.

Yes skills (Accountant) positively assessed and IELTS completed as well. EOI submitted 30/5 and invitation to apply received 23/6 so that is just what we are filling in now.

That's good.

I imagine someone a lot more informed than me will be along soon to give you a good idea on timelines and whether you should progress your medical and checks in series or parallel......

Good luck mate - I'm on the same path but one step behind you! About to send off uk security check documents tomorrow morning!

Yes skills (Accountant) positively assessed and IELTS completed as well. EOI submitted 30/5 and invitation to apply received 23/6 so that is just what we are filling in now.

hi hope u will b fine ,i need some info if u could help me please as i want to apply for subclass189.

,i just want to knw accountants need to do IELTS academic or general?? and is it nessessory to score at least 7 each for accountant for skilll assessment ??

thanks

hi hope u will b fine ,i need some info if u could help me please as i want to apply for subclass189.

,i just want to knw accountants need to do IELTS academic or general?? and is it nessessory to score at least 7 each for accountant for skilll assessment ??

thanks

Accountants need to take the academic IELTS and score at least a 7 on each of the tests to gain the 10 points. If you obtain at least an 8 in each of the tests you can claim for 20 points.

Hi,

The medical was the last thing I did but the police check I did before and it was all fine. The whole process from start to finish took me 6 months to finish but it sounds like you have done the vast majority already seeing as you are now filling in the Visa application. When I applied it took them literally three days to get back to me with a visa but I have known others for it to take a couple of months so just be a little patient.

Off in Sept.

Hi,

The medical was the last thing I did but the police check I did before and it was all fine. The whole process from start to finish took me 6 months to finish but it sounds like you have done the vast majority already seeing as you are now filling in the Visa application. When I applied it took them literally three days to get back to me with a visa but I have known others for it to take a couple of months so just be a little patient.

Off in Sept.

Many thanks for the reply - patience is no problem, as menioned in my first post I am not hoping to move until Sept next year so I kind of want it to be a long ish process - what I didnt want was to get the visa too early and have to fly over to validate before we are ready to move.

Archived