Visitors Visa for my WIFE

freakedass

Hello All,

My wife had applied for a Visitors visa last week on Thursday 3rd July and was granted a one year multiple visit visa in the same week. However, this Visa grant comes with 2 conditions with a maximum stay period of 3 months.

Conditions on the visa are:

8101 - NO WORK

8201 - MAX 3 MONTHS STUDY

On a side note, we have even applied for her Spouse visa which was done a week prior to applying for Visitor's.

I have a question on the Visitors visa granted.

Since she is been granted one year multiple visit visa with a maximum stay period of 3 months, is there a cooling off period where she has to abide too before returning back to Australia? We plan to go to NewZealand or Bali, once her visa expiry date is due. That means, she will be out of Australia before her first 3 months expiry date, and come back again in 3-4 days after staying in another country. Is this going to be alright?

Thanks guys.

Leaving every 3 months for a few days should be fine. However, sometimes people have found that upon re-entering they're questioned by DIBP from the perspective that a visitor visa shouldn't be used to basically live in Australia. Other people can sail through Immigration with no questions at all. So you should be prepared just in case you get some questions. The fact that you've already applied for her spouse visa will hopefully be a simple enough explanation as she's 'visiting' you.

Leaving every 3 months for a few days should be fine. However, sometimes people have found that upon re-entering they're questioned by DIBP from the perspective that a visitor visa shouldn't be used to basically live in Australia. Other people can sail through Immigration with no questions at all. So you should be prepared just in case you get some questions. The fact that you've already applied for her spouse visa will hopefully be a simple enough explanation as she's 'visiting' you.

Thanks Maggie. I and my wife will keep ourselves ready for any questions that come our way.

Archived