457 De-facto Advice, Please

I am hoping someone can provide some advice on this.

I have applied for 457 (Subsequent Entrant).

I have received a request for further information from the Case Officer, one of the things is that my partners employer needs to provide further information in his letter which includes:

• Nomination approval reference number (relating to your nomination);

Does this mean that my partners employer has to apply to nominate me like he did when he sponsored my partner? Or is it my partners reference number? I read it to be that he needs to nominate me seperately?

His employer isn't aware of this as the only time he has put through a de-facto application was when it was a joint one.

Hoping someone can assist.

The employer doesn't need to submit a new nomination, however they do need to provide you a letter whereby they specifically confirm they will extend their nomination to include you. Perhaps you also need to provide the original nomination approval number as a reference for DIBP to properly link your application to a valid/approved nomination.

Thanks for your quick reply.

The part that threw me was "(relating to your nomination);" - which made me think they maybe had to nominate me seperately, or something!?

I just want to be certain so that I can pass the correct info on and they hopefully won't require any further info in relation to this point.

Another thing they asked for was proof that I have lawfully enrolled with Medicare/proof of appropriate health cover.

I can't at this time find where my letter is that came with my card, is it possible to get a JP to sign a copy of my Medicare card - or will this not suffice?

I have health insurance (and I uploaded the confirmation letter with my initial application) but rather than go to the company for a more detailed letter, I thought it would speed things up to do Medicare as I work with a JP.

Thanks again

Since you're being included in his nomination, it would now be your nomination too.

I'm surprised the confirmation letter from your health insurance provider wasn't sufficient - I assume the coverage is sufficient for the requirements of a 457 visa? But if you have Medicare, then I'd try submitting a copy of your card and see if they need further information.

Me too, they're main advert on the website is that their cover complies with the requirements for a 457 visa. I had more than 20 items to attached so I have had to group them together - it wouldn't have thought it would have been overlooked as I updated it under the section 'health insurance'.

Anyways - many thanks for your help. Fingers crossed this is all they need.

Archived