Child visa 101, Questions while filling details in 47C

jstrosh

Hi ,

I have queries related to following questions in 47ch.

Could you please help me with them?

47 CH

4. Childs name in own language

5. Other ways you spell Childs name

6. Other names the child has been know

==> I am keeping all of the above blank as nothing is applicable, i hope leaving blank is fine. Or shall i say NA , which stands for Not Applicable

18. Do you Agree to department communicating by fax or email

==> I have said yes and given my email id, is that ok?

19 Childs main language

==> shall i leave blank or say none because child is 9 months old

20 How well does child communicate in English

==> i have checked "Not at all" . i mean there is nothing else i can check for this option

21 Other languages the child reads, understands, speaks and writes fluently

==> shall i leave blank or say none because child is 9 months old

23 If applying from outside Australia:

What is the value of money, goods and assets which the child intends to

bring to Australia?

==> What do i write here? shall i write what i will be bringing because child wont be bringing anything as she is infant. Or shall i leave this blank.

27 Give details of child's other family members.

I see no code for Mother and Father. the relation ship codes listed are

M = Married

E = Engaged

F = De facto

S = Separated

D = Divorced

W = Widowed

N = Never married or been in a de facto relationshio

Do i need to provide mother and father information here? If yes then what relationship status I select?

32 Has the child, or any dependent family members (migrating with the

child or not) previously been to Australia, held or currently hold a visa for

travel to, or stay in, Australia?

Me and My wife hold a PR and have travelled to Australia. So do we specify our name here OR we do not fall under dependent family member?

Hi ,

I have queries related to following questions in 47ch.

Could you please help me with them?

47 CH

4. Childs name in own language In English here if you speak English (or in Chinese characters etc., depending on your mother tongue)

5. Other ways you spell Childs name None if there are none

6. Other names the child has been know Again none if there are none

==> I am keeping all of the above blank as nothing is applicable, i hope leaving blank is fine. Or shall i say NA , which stands for Not Applicable

18. Do you Agree to department communicating by fax or email

==> I have said yes and given my email id, is that ok? Perfectly fine

19 Childs main language

==> shall i leave blank or say none because child is 9 months old Presumably you speak to the child in a language and are understood? Put that language down as that is what the child will speak once it can.

20 How well does child communicate in English

==> i have checked "Not at all" . i mean there is nothing else i can check for this option Mother tongue (if it is)

21 Other languages the child reads, understands, speaks and writes fluently

==> shall i leave blank or say none because child is 9 months old Leave blank

23 If applying from outside Australia:

What is the value of money, goods and assets which the child intends to

bring to Australia?

==> What do i write here? shall i write what i will be bringing because child wont be bringing anything as she is infant. Or shall i leave this blank. Put none as that should be self explanatory

They mean siblings

M = Married

E = Engaged

F = De facto

S = Separated

D = Divorced

W = Widowed

Do i need to provide mother and father information here? If yes then what relationship status I select?

32 Has the child, or any dependent family members (migrating with the

child or not) previously been to Australia, held or currently hold a visa for

travel to, or stay in, Australia?

Me and My wife hold a PR and have travelled to Australia. So do we specify our name here OR we do not fall under dependent family member? The child has never travelled too or lived in Australia so that would be no and if no other dependents that are travelling with you have either that is a no

Hoping this helps

Thanks , a lot of this helps.

I am still not clear on 2 questions. Let me provide more details to them

They mean siblings

M = Married

E = Engaged

F = De facto

S = Separated

D = Divorced

W = Widowed

The form clearly states Parents(including step parents) so looks like I need to provide parent information. However the drop down for Relationship has only the above codes and hence its confusing.

They have a separate section for Brothers and Sisters in the form so the sibling is definitely out.

32 Has the child, or any dependent family members (migrating with the child or not) previously been to Australia, held or currently hold a visa for travel to, or stay in, Australia? Me and My wife hold a PR and have travelled to Australia. So do we specify our name here OR we do not fall under dependent family member?

The child has never travelled too or lived in Australia so that would be no and if no other dependents that are travelling with you have either that is a no -

So are you saying parents need not give their information under this question?

Thanks , a lot of this helps.

I am still not clear on 2 questions. Let me provide more details to them

They mean siblings

M = Married

E = Engaged

F = De facto

S = Separated

D = Divorced

W = Widowed

The form clearly states Parents(including step parents) so looks like I need to provide parent information. However the drop down for Relationship has only the above codes and hence its confusing.

They have a separate section for Brothers and Sisters in the form so the sibling is definitely out.

32 Has the child, or any dependent family members (migrating with the child or not) previously been to Australia, held or currently hold a visa for travel to, or stay in, Australia? Me and My wife hold a PR and have travelled to Australia. So do we specify our name here OR we do not fall under dependent family member?

The child has never travelled too or lived in Australia so that would be no and if no other dependents that are travelling with you have either that is a no -

So are you saying parents need not give their information under this question?

The child's family members are immediate family, so mum, dad and siblings, if any. If mum and dad are married, then the relationship code is M, if they are living together it's F. It isn't the relationship they are to the child, it's what their relationship status is. There's another box for you to put the relationship to the child such as mother, father, brother, sister etc.

I'm assuming that the child is the only dependent travelling with you? In which case, that child hasn't been to Aus before. You as the applicant are not dependent on yourself nor is your partner dependent, they are your partner. They are asking about the child, or the other dependents that are travelling with you. This last question is specifically about those people travelling with you who are dependent on you.

ETA This is how I filled out the forms. I just went through methodically and although there were separate sections the dropdown thing is definitely for the individually named person's relationship status so e.g.

Paul Smith GENDER DOB M AS HE'S MARRIED TO PAULINE

Anne Farrell Mother GENDER DOB F AS SHE'S LIVING WITH JOE

Pauline Smith GENDER DOB M AS SHE'S MARRIED TO PAUL

Joe Bloggs GENDER DOB F AS HE'S LIVING WITH ANNE

Remember that DIAC already know the names of the birth parents etc., as you have already provided that. A lot of what they ask is duplicated.

Don't worry, I was just being cheeky. Those questions ask if they received assistance in filling out the form. In Australia a person giving such assistance has to be a registered migration agent or an exempt person such as a close family member or consular official providing they don't charge a fee.

Don't worry, I was just being cheeky. Those questions ask if they received assistance in filling out the form. In Australia a person giving such assistance has to be a registered migration agent or an exempt person such as a close family member or consular official providing they don't charge a fee.

Q 27 is as I first remembered, where you put the details down and the dropdown box is the relationship status not the relationship to the child!!

Q 32 will be ticking the NO box.

@Adam Grey you're a devil :evilface_frowning_s:wink:

The child's family members are immediate family, so mum, dad and siblings, if any. If mum and dad are married, then the relationship code is M, if they are living together it's F. It isn't the relationship they are to the child, it's what their relationship status is. There's another box for you to put the relationship to the child such as mother, father, brother, sister etc.

I'm assuming that the child is the only dependent travelling with you? In which case, that child hasn't been to Aus before. You as the applicant are not dependent on yourself nor is your partner dependent, they are your partner. They are asking about the child, or the other dependents that are travelling with you. This last question is specifically about those people travelling with you who are dependent on you.

ETA This is how I filled out the forms. I just went through methodically and although there were separate sections the dropdown thing is definitely for the individually named person's relationship status so e.g.

Paul Smith GENDER DOB M AS HE'S MARRIED TO PAULINE

Anne Farrell Mother GENDER DOB F AS SHE'S LIVING WITH JOE

Pauline Smith GENDER DOB M AS SHE'S MARRIED TO PAUL

Joe Bloggs GENDER DOB F AS HE'S LIVING WITH ANNE

Remember that DIAC already know the names of the birth parents etc., as you have already provided that. A lot of what they ask is duplicated.

Yes my child is the only dependent who would be travelling with me for now. Your replies here definitely helped, thanks for the same

Archived