Visa for newborn baby ? (husband on partner visa, i am australian citezen)

marie

can anyone give me some advice. I am australian citizen. My husband will be on a partner visa. But we plan to move out there with a newborn.

Can anyone advise if the baby will need a visa? (The baby will have a british passport )or can i apply for australian citezenship for the baby.

Hi Marie,

we moved 19 months ago now from Edinburgh with my two kids. I am Scottish with Aussie deaf to spouse. We had the citizenship by decent prior to leaving. May be a good idea to get an Aussie passport for the baby although showing the citizenship document when you get into Australia May be enough for customs. We had Australian passports for the kids and my visa. Nightmare getting a picture without my hands in the shot or the kids moving! Your newborn hopefully will sit nicely unlike mine. The best of luck!

s x

Citizenship by descent ASAP after you register baby's birth. Then once that is back apply for their AUS passport. the AUS citizen will need to attend an interview in London maybe and provide their AUS passport and BC. All up from start to finish it took about 5-6 weeks for our sons citizenship by descent and AUS passport to come through.

Archived