medical checks - recommended vs required

scotsaway

Hi all!

I finally submitted my 190 visa application yesterday and today I can see the list of required/recommended documents. I am just curious about the health check as it says "recommended" but not "required" like it does for my other documents. However, there is a link to "organise your health examinations" at the bottom. Can anyone else enlighten me on this one? Does it always say recommended when you get to this point rather than required? I thought they were mandatory but if I can avoid shelling out even a few more hundred bucks I would :)

Cheers

Hi all!

I finally submitted my 190 visa application yesterday and today I can see the list of required/recommended documents. I am just curious about the health check as it says "recommended" but not "required" like it does for my other documents. However, there is a link to "organise your health examinations" at the bottom. Can anyone else enlighten me on this one? Does it always say recommended when you get to this point rather than required? I thought they were mandatory but if I can avoid shelling out even a few more hundred bucks I would :)

Cheers

I wouldn't pay to much attention to these statuses. The health examination status will probably change to 'requested" when CO is assigned and if he chooses to update it. Anyways, you definitely need a health check, better do it now if you want your visa asap.

Archived