AHPRA /ANMAC - More than a little confused.... help!

Danka

Hi All,

wonder if someone can help me out?

We would like to emigrate to australia from the UK so I am in the process of applying for nurse registration. I registered with the NMC with a Diploma - HE in Nursing but I have also completed a degree and am just finishing my masters.

I was all set to apply to AHPRA and i see that several people have advised to firstly apply for an ANMAC assessment. However, other posts state that AHPRA will not recognise their assessment and so it is a waste of time and money.

I'm now really confused.......can anyone advise me on this process?? I don't want to apply to AHPRA, wait for my application to process (which i have also heard is a life time at the moment!) and find that i need a skills assessment from ANMAC. Yet paying $900 for an assessment that may not recognised by AHPRA is a little crazy to say the least!

Whats the real deal??

Thank you!

What Nic says is correct.

AHPRA is Australia's equivalent of the NMC. All nurses have to be registered with AHPRA to work in Australia.

ANMAC is a skills assessment body. They assess whether overseas nurses are eligible to emigrate to Australia on a permanent basis.

If you are only intending to come for a few years on a temporary visa, such as the 457, you don't need a skills assessment but you do need to be registered with AHPRA.

If you want to migrate permanently, you will need both.

If you register with AHPRA first, you will only need to do a modified skills assessment with ANMAC.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello guys, Had a query regarding Modified skill Assessment. I got a positive skill assessment from ANMAC as Registered Nurse Critical Care and Emergency on 3-Jun-2014, but there is some confusion regarding same.

They have assessed by work ex as 2.8 yrs (until 23rd Feb 2014) as Critical Care and Emergency Nurse and 1.2 years as Registered Nurse-NEC (as I worked as Nurse Educator with previous employer). I got a invitation to apply for 189 visa. Understand that DIAC will consider only 3 yrs of overseas experience for additional 5 points under certain ANZSCO code.

Will there be any problem if I apply for visa selecting ANZSCO Code as Registered Nurse Critical and emergency.

Also I am still working as Registered nurse with relevant experience under critical care and emergency with my present employer for which i had given supporting until 23 feb 2014 while applying for modified assessment. So my present experience sums up to 3.1 years under Critical Care and Emergency and 1.2 years as RN-NEC.

I will be uploading Still working Certificate from my present employer to DIAC.

Kindly advise whether this should suffice for additional 5 points or will there be any problem.

Regards

Blessy - See more at: http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/209116-employment-points-189-visa-advice-please.html#sthash.YGmxQ1VG.dpuf

Archived