Things have moved ...... Quickly all of a sudden :)

francy

:smile:

My word, this time last week we had just lodges EOI, within a few days it's been selected for invitation to apply for visa!

We're lodging for a 489 regional sponsorship nsw (Murray region).

We are looking at the Albury area, so if anyone has any pointers I'd love to hear from you.

Hubby is a general plumber. He's got his white card, and done his 1st year GAP training.

We have 2 children, one is 8 and the other is 6. Would you recommend state schools or Independant?

I have airline/airport experience (nearly 15yrs)

Ive heard to avoid the Lavington area of Albury, anyone got areas to go for?

Any advice/info would be greatly received.

We'll be getting crb check done this week along with medicals to follow then lodging hopefully within the next 2-3 weeks.

thanks in advance

Albury Wodonga is a nice area close to the snow and lots of nice towns around, most of them on the Victorian side of the Murray, the NSW side tends to be more uninteresting. Nice city centre, like the old buildings around the city itself.

Cannot help with areas or schools but there have been members who live there on the forum from time to time.

My son lives on the Murray about 30 minutes from Albury on the Victorian side and he would not live anywhere else.

:smile:

My word, this time last week we had just lodges EOI, within a few days it's been selected for invitation to apply for visa!

We're lodging for a 489 regional sponsorship nsw (Murray region).

We are looking at the Albury area, so if anyone has any pointers I'd love to hear from you.

Hubby is a general plumber. He's got his white card, and done his 1st year GAP training.

We have 2 children, one is 8 and the other is 6. Would you recommend state schools or Independant?

I have airline/airport experience (nearly 15yrs)

Ive heard to avoid the Lavington area of Albury, anyone got areas to go for?

Any advice/info would be greatly received.

We'll be getting crb check done this week along with medicals to follow then lodging hopefully within the next 2-3 weeks.

thanks in advance

When on my working holiday visa 3 years ago I lived on a farm just outside of Albury. I can definitely recommend it as a place to live. I'll be paying a visit to my old boss as soon as my 190 visa is granted myself. So might well see you out there!!!

I only have a little of experience with Albury, I passed it twice driving from Melbourne to Sydney & back. The first time was at night, and we laughed that there were four turnoffs for Albury...we wondered what was so special about Albury that they were giving us so many chances to exit the highway to see it?! The second time it was daytime & we pulled off to check out the reservoir. I know it sounds silly, but after hours driving through countryside with no lakes (or other distinguishing features), a big body of water seemed exciting. So, the reservoir/lake was quite impressive, nicely nestled in hills, and with the impressive murray river coming out of it. I have to say, without having spent much time there, I could see why people might find Albury a nice home, theres's something oddly nice about it. It's big enough to be a town, and has some character due to the local geography.

Archived