Hi everyone! Yorkshireman just arrived in Brisbane!

gibtheo

Hello! Just thought I'd introduce myself, I'm Steven, 28 years old and I've just arrived here in Brisbane (6 weeks ago), with my Aussie partner. We were living in the UK for a while but decided to give it a go over here. We have just put our partner visa application in and I have been granted a bridging visa so I'm nearly able to work, have to wait for the tourist visa to expire before the bridging visa kicks in.

So yea, we're both currently looking for work, I am a photographer and my partner Emma just gave up working on private yachts. We're slowly meeting a few people but finding it hard. Hopefully once we get work it will give us more opportunities to meet people. I'm a huge sports fan and play a lot of football (Soccer) in the UK so any advice on where to play would be great.

We live in the city almost, New Farm / Valley area.

Anyone fancies a beer at the Pig and Whistle give us a shout! Any advice on work, football etc is most welcomed! Oh, check out my website too!

Steven

Welcome to the forum. Self promotion isn't allowed on posts here, but we'll let you off as you are a new :-)

You can have a signature on your posts with your website link. :-)

It will seem much easier once you have found work and life really begins here. I'm guessing you have your partners family here for support? My main advice re work is to get out there and get your face seen. It seems to be very much who you know here.

Good luck. :-)

• 2 months later...

Archived