189 Visa Questions

srh82

Hi Folks,

My OH and I have started on the road towards lodging for the 189 PR Skillselect Visa - myself as the Primary Applicant. A few (random) questions if I may:

- if we lodge the visa and it is refused for any reason, will our existing 457 visa be affected?

- for ACPO UK Police Clearance, is there any way of doing this online? (We live in Brisbane)

- for proof of de-facto relationship, can we supplement the material used for the 457 application made in 2011 with new material? If it has to be more recent material we can do that but we have a lot of good proof from the past that is electronic and ready to go!

Early days for us as we have to wait for 8 weeks for the skill assessment to go through but trying to accelerate things a bit.

Thank you in advance PIO Members! :smile:

Srh82

Hi Srh,

1) No, only if there was some form of fraudulent activity.

2) No it must be posted to the ACPO in Hampshire. Perhaps a family member can write a cheque for you and forward the documents on?

3) Yes of course. The DIBP want to see evidence across the range of the relationship so older evidence as well as more recent evidence is welcome.

All the best,

Archived