Help me, meet and greet

Guest GSXRDAVE

Guest GSXRDAVE

Ive seen a link on the site somewhere but cant find it now.:arghh:

Its to do with somebody sorting a rental etc for you before you arrive,dont know if we are gonna do it this way yet but want to look at this option. :skeptical:

Guest emi-great

Hi

If you are coming to Perth we have a service package for short term furnished rental, airport pickup etc

Emi-Great - Home - Short Term Rental Accommodation in Rockingham, Mandurah, Port Kennedy, Warmbro and Perth

If not I am sure there will be similar business in most states do a google search on short term furnished accommodation see what that turns up

have a good day

Eve

Guest emi-great

OK not a problem try

Stayz - No 1 in Holiday Accommodation Rentals

they do accommodation all over Australia but probably dont have many meet & greet properties.

try these people ... dont know if they will have what you need just did a search

Migration to Australia - NSW Office

Sydney Suburbs Overview | Emigrating to Sydney | Moving to Sydney

hope they help you

Eve

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Eve

I was speaking with someone in Chat the other day who is on his way to Perth soon. He'll be OK because he is alone, in his 20s and is going to Oz on a working Holiday Maker Visa. He wasnted to know where to head for on arival in search of a beer and a bed.

It emerged that the plane is due to land at 22.40 on the day in question. I thought, "Cripes. It will probably be 23.30 before he is through baggage control etc. How is he going to find somewhere to stay at that time of night?"

It was resolved by general agreement that he would ask a taxi driver to take him to the nearest hotel with 24 hour check in and beer available 24/24!

But it set me wondering. A family who book a stop-over in Singapore might well want to catch the evening flight to Perth in order to maximise their time in Singapore. Would John be willing to collect such a family from the airport at that time of night?

I know too that John helps people to find cars when they first arrive. Very useful, I reckon, because a newcomer would not know where to look or what sort of price might be reasonable. Someone else has offered to help our WHMV member with that bit.

Finally, I am not sure whether you are aware of our rentalsinox.com section? I am told that you can advertise your properties/services on it for free and that all that Tim (site owner) asks in return is that you should put a link to Poms in Oz on your own website as well.

Many thanks

Gill

Guest emi-great

Hi Gill

I would suggest that perhaps your young friend may like to use the backpackers accommodation whilst in Perth, that way he would be able to mix with young people with the same aim as himself. My niece has been traveling round Australia & tells me that in general the accommodation is good & often the young people tag along together for trips or are leaving jobs so in that way he will be able to fund his holiday (providing he has a suitable working holiday visa) Not sure about bars being open 24/7 in Perth it is rather a sleepy city compared to some I arent sure that after such an arduous journey he will even feel like beer!

backpackers loc: Perth WA - Google Maps

Otherwise here is a link to a site which lists hotels local to the airport

Up to 70% off Perth Airport Accommodation and Hotels at Wotif.com

We do offer a service package to our clients who book our accommodation which includes several free services one of which is free airport pickup, however we are only able to do daytime or early evening pick up & this service is only offered with the package. There are several business which run airport pickup services if you can let me know which area they intend to move to I would be happy to try to find a link for them

As you say we also offer a free check over of second hand cars... we also run a motor mechanic workshop (our living) & so are able to put vehicles on a hoist & check them for our clients prior to them purchasing something. This is fairly important here in WA because there is no MOT so it is possible people have purchased a vehicle that has never had a safety inspection. Again this free service is part of our package for our clients. We do not find second hand cars or trade them to people we just tell our clients that if they find something we are happy to check it over. Because we are in the trade of course we can point them in the direction of some car yards & have a bit of experience of knowing which yards trade reasonable vehicles.

I have found the rentals in oz section & Tim messaged me about it, we are in the process of upgrading our site & are presently constructing a links page once it is done we will be arranging to link to a few useful sites for our clients to look at.

Eve

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Eve

Thanks very much for these links.

I reckon that backpacker hostels are excellent in many places. I had already suggested the Lonely Planet Guide, which is pretty comprehensive but a local guide is obviously even better.

Thanks for the list of hotels, too.

I've been to Perth a few times because my sister has lived there for many years. (She is married to an Aussie.) When I heard what time Brett's flight would be landing my instant reaction was OMGG - where are you likely to find anywhere to stay at that time of night? I reckon that a hotel close to the airport will be the answer for the first night and then he can start to sort himself out next day.

Yep, Brett has a WHM Visa though I think he is about 28. He is a qualified and experienced plasterer so he should be able to find work pretty easily. I am a firm believer in WHM visas when someone is young enough etc. It is an excellent way to see different parts of Oz before deciding whether to settle in Oz and if so whereabouts.

I also think that the backpacker hostels are a good place for a young man on his own to start out because there will be others who have been in Perth for longer, know their way around etc.

Thanks very much for your help.

Best wishes

Gill

Archived