holding skilled visa 190 sponsored by WA, can i move to Melb?

Ahmadcivil

Hi all I have been lucky to have been granted a Skilled visa (class VE) subclass 190 (skilled-sponsored by WA).

I am sponsored by Perth, and I am in Perth for the last 8 weeks, but unlucky in finding job (civil eng), and landlords are not accepting renting me house because I am not employed yet. we are still staying in furnished apartment (which is very expensive). I am not able to lodge my kids in the school because I am not settled in permanent place & and don't want to move them from school to another. For that reason my relatives in Melb offered me to stay at their accommodation and offered me a temp job till I find something in Engineering sector.

My question is, can I move to Melb and break the agreement in staying in Perth for the first two years? is this going to affect the citizenship process in the future?

what I have found on the net that it is moral obligation. I have approached the skilled immigration dept in WA, their answer was vague and not straight forward, they did not say no you have to stay, but they did not say that I can do it.

any advise will help.

TIA

Hi all I have been lucky to have been granted a Skilled visa (class VE) subclass 190 (skilled-sponsored by WA).

I am sponsored by Perth, and I am in Perth for the last 8 weeks, but unlucky in finding job (civil eng), and landlords are not accepting renting me house because I am not employed yet. we are still staying in furnished apartment (which is very expensive). I am not able to lodge my kids in the school because I am not settled in permanent place & and don't want to move them from school to another. For that reason my relatives in Melb offered me to stay at their accommodation and offered me a temp job till I find something in Engineering sector.

My question is, can I move to Melb and break the agreement in staying in Perth for the first two years? is this going to affect the citizenship process in the future?

what I have found on the net that it is moral obligation. I have approached the skilled immigration dept in WA, their answer was vague and not straight forward, they did not say no you have to stay, but they did not say that I can do it.

any advise will help.

TIA

Move as soon as you can! You have to do what is the best for you and your family. It won't affect anything as you have a normal PR visa without any conditions. WA won't give you a straight answer - it's not their place to do so. Only DIBP controls your visa, not WA.

NEVER EVER do it without their approval....you definitely will be in trouble. Its not state who granted you visa so they are least bothered about it. but if DIAC or Border and Immigration Department will come to know about this they will take serious action. forget about Citizenship they may revoke your PR and deport you.

you best bet is try to convince WA to release you as you are not able to find job and show Victoria's job offer to them.

NEVER EVER do it without their approval....you definitely will be in trouble. Its not state who granted you visa so they are least bothered about it. but if DIAC or Border and Immigration Department will come to know about this they will take serious action. forget about Citizenship they may revoke your PR and deport you.

you best bet is try to convince WA to release you as you are not able to find job and show Victoria's job offer to them.

this is not correct information - not sure where you have gotten it from?

To the OP - check your visa conditions - as you can see you have no condition to live and work in the sponsoring state therefore your visa nor citizenship will be under threat if you move.

Not correct.

Maybe you mixed the visas and the above info is for the provisional 489 visa?

Archived