189 visa general advice

Rick89

Hi guys

I am currently on a 457 visa. Electrician (A grade ATRC route) living in Perth. We want to apply for 189 visa as general electrician. From what I have been told I need to do;

1. skilled migration assessment for electrician and am in the process of booking/sending off docs. As ARTC isn't a migration assessment.

2. IELTS score test to help boost my points score of 8, or 7 when I turn 25 end September. (using Cambridge 8 and 9 for revision) I got a GCSE C at school.

3. EOI. (I may make a start on it now and not submit until ielts and skill assess)

4. A medical for me and my partner. (medibank)

5. Police clearances for AUS and UK. (AFP) for aus and( http://www.acro.police.uk/) for uk

I have so far decided to do it without an agent I went ok with my 457 application so feel I would be ok with this.

Will immigration class my working apprenticeship as ( see below text take from points test text)[TABLE=class: table-100]

[TR]

[TD]Outside Australia: skilled employment in your nominated skilled occupation or a closely related skilled occupation

[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]

• In skilled employment for at least three but less than five years (of the past 10 years)

?

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Would appreciate any advice you guys have for this whole process!

189 is a completely different process to the 457, sounds like you're thoroughly researching everything though which is good.

Work experience counts if it's relevant to the nominated occupation, full time, remunerated and at the required skill level. When starting out an apprentice would not be working at the required skill level.

189 is a completely different process to the 457, sounds like you're thoroughly researching everything though which is good.

Work experience counts if it's relevant to the nominated occupation, full time, remunerated and at the required skill level. When starting out an apprentice would not be working at the required skill level.

Dam that may be 5 points gone then looks like I might have to get that overall 8 then on ielts. Better get doing some serious revision!

Archived