who pays for sponsorship?

Rachandian

hey guys,*Just wondering if a small company offer to sponsor me and know I'm with my partner and we are 5 months into our 417 . I'm a bit at a loose end as who is to pay for the sponsorship ect? I'm a hair stylist? hope anyone can help -

thank you

rach

Assuming you'rew asking about sponsorship for a 457 visa, the company must pay all expenses relating to applying for sponsorship and getting nomination approval including the application fees, legal and migration agent costs, recruitment costs and other costs associated with sponsoring and employing the worker. They can pay your visa application charge and your other expenses, but are not obliged to do so.

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/books9.pdf 457 booklet - see page 18

You should check if your occupation will meet the The Temporary Skilled Migration Income Threshold, which is based on market rates.

From 1 July 2013, the TSMIT is set at AUD53 900. It will increase on 1 July 2014

The TSMIT and market rates

If the market salary rate for the position you want to fill is below the TSMIT, you cannot offer to pay an overseas worker more just to access the program.

The TSMIT is compared to the market salary rate for the nominated occupation, not the nominated worker's proposed salary.

You cannot inflate a nominated worker's proposed salary to meet the TSMIT requirement.

The TSMIT does not determine the salary you should pay your worker from outside Australia. It should not be considered as the applicable market salary rate if you do not currently employ an equivalent Australian citizen or permanent resident.

Archived