Heading to Kiama NSW in 27 days & feeling nervous!

Pink butterfly

:dull: My first post and it's right when we are about to jet off! It's difficult to describe how it feels right at this very last part in the UK but what I do know is I'm feeling quite worried about jobs, schools, renting with little proof of income as we don't even have jobs lined up yet and lots more, just wondering time frames for others in NSW for these types of things for those who aren't/weren't sponsored by an employer?? ?

:dull: My first post and it's right when we are about to jet off! It's difficult to describe how it feels right at this very last part in the UK but what I do know is I'm feeling quite worried about jobs, schools, renting with little proof of income as we don't even have jobs lined up yet and lots more, just wondering time frames for others in NSW for these types of things for those who aren't/weren't sponsored by an employer?? 

Hi Pink Butterfly,

First if all have to say, I LOVE Kiama, it's beautiful, you are very lucky to be moving there! What made you decide on Kiama?

I dont know know much about schooling I'm afraid, but when it comes to accommodation, they are normally pretty good with overseas applicants, if you have any copies of rental references and/or mortgage statements to take with you, that will help tremendously, sometimes ( if you really want the place) it is worth offering a few months rent upfront if you do not have work lined up, and that often does the trick.

What type of visas do you have? and what type of work will you be looking for?

I know Hays Recruitment International offer a service to those who have their visas and are moving, they can give you info in salary expectations and even line up interviews for you before you get there! It depends on what line of work you do and what type of visa you hold.

It's bound to feel nerve wracking, but it's better to do something, than nothing at all! :-)

:dull: My first post and it's right when we are about to jet off! It's difficult to describe how it feels right at this very last part in the UK but what I do know is I'm feeling quite worried about jobs, schools, renting with little proof of income as we don't even have jobs lined up yet and lots more, just wondering time frames for others in NSW for these types of things for those who aren't/weren't sponsored by an employer?? 

Great that your living in Kiama. Absolutely love it there and would move there tomorrow if I could. Staying in that area for the long weekend coming up.

We originally looked into batemans bay but just too far out for work opportunitys, I will be an early years teacher and my husband is an illustrator/ artist so need to get straight on with job searching! There's just sooo much you can't arrange from this end :?

We originally looked into batemans bay but just too far out for work opportunitys, I will be an early years teacher and my husband is an illustrator/ artist so need to get straight on with job searching! There's just sooo much you can't arrange from this end :?

yes it certainly feels impossible that's for sure, it may be worth contacting education recruiters beforehand with your CV and proof of visa , it may not get you a job as soon as you land but it will certainly help get the ball rolling.

Good of luck with your move! Kiama is gorgeous, I love the blow hole there :-)

Archived