Visa subclass 143 - Assurance of support

Trung

Hi there.

I have a concern regard the Contributory Parent visa (subclass 143). First let me outline some basic information of me:

• I am Permanent Residency since may 2013
  • I have been living and studying here for 4 years
  • I have a full time job start Jun 2014
  • I worked part-time for the last 2 year

Now I want to sponsor my dad and my sister to Australia. My dad now is 57 and my sister is 16 and a half. The cost of the visa is not my concern. We solved that. However, the assurance of support (AoS) is bugging me. The basic requirement is that I have to have a sustain income for the last 2 years to qualify as sponsor.

Here is my question: my dad has few properties and money in the home country. Can it does anything to improve my chance to be the sponsor? Or is there any way for me to qualified as sponsor?

If the information I provided is lacking, just ask. Any reply is much appreciated. Thank in advance.

Hi there.

I have a concern regard the Contributory Parent visa (subclass 143). First let me outline some basic information of me:

Now I want to sponsor my dad and my sister to Australia. My dad now is 57 and my sister is 16 and a half. The cost of the visa is not my concern. We solved that. However, the assurance of support (AoS) is bugging me. The basic requirement is that I have to have a sustain income for the last 2 years to qualify as sponsor.

Here is my question: my dad has few properties and money in the home country. Can it does anything to improve my chance to be the sponsor? Or is there any way for me to qualified as sponsor?

If the information I provided is lacking, just ask. Any reply is much appreciated. Thank in advance.

You normally need to have been settled as permanent resident in Australia for 2 years before you can sponsor your father for a Contributory parent visa although they sometimes take temporary residence into consideration. You might want to consult an agent if you intend to apply before you have been a permanent resident for 2 years. When you fill in the sponsorship form they will look at your financial situation for the previous tax year.

You can find the income levels for the AOS here:

http://guides.dss.gov.au/guide-social-security-law/9/4/3/60

There is nothing to prevent your father from transferring the money for the AOS to you. It's what most parents do. Bear in mind that the Assurer can be different from the sponsor. Anyone who is a permanent resident can be the Assurer.

Hi there.

Sponsorships and assurances of support are separate matters.

The sponsor does not have to be the assurer, but must be able to meet the sponsorship undertaking. There are a number of ways of dealing with both these matters, depending on the circumstances of the case.

You might want to take advice about including your sister on the application.

I strongly advise that you take professional advice from a registered migration to sort this before you invest the money involved in a 143 application.

Archived