Tourist Visa after working holiday Visa

Adrean83

Hello,

My wife came here on a working holiday visa 10 and a half months ago. We were shortly married after. We have been actually working towards my partner visa in America but the whole process has taken longer than we initially thought. At this point we are hoping to be there by late September/October. That leaves 2-3 months we have to stay in Australia.

Now we are thinking about her staying here on a tourist visa. We were told by the immigration agent to take a trip overseas and return and apply here in Australia. Does that sound correct? Also we don't want to make things seem suspicious so we are planning to arrive back after NZ two weeks before the WHV end date.

Our time has mostly been spent in Sydney except for 10 days to Fiji earlier this year. She is not in a job at the moment as she just finished a 6 month role.

What do you think about our likelihood of her getting the tourist visa? Is this the best way to go about things?

my friend case, she went home after her WHV, and got back to Aus for another holiday with tourist visa.

she got her return ticket and prepared her itinerary for the visit to explain "why I needs this holiday" and the prove "I am going home after this trip (return ticket)".

In your case, you are still not sure how long does your visa in the US take, so not easy as my friend I think.

You and her are in marriage situation, so it would be better to prepare to show your financial support during her visit ... still no guarantee tho.

Thanks for the answers.

I guess our case differs slightly in that we are going to return to Australia and apply from here two weeks before the WHV expires. This was advised by the lady at immigration. Has anybody got any advice on this. Applying from within Australia for a tourist visa shortly before a WHV expires.

The information regarding having an itinerary is great. We are thinking of going to Cairns so I guess we can prepare before we leave.

Archived