Need help!!skill assessment for eoi(189)

Itsf3r

Hi everyone!

i have completed my skill assessment and received the skill assessment outcome from CPA about a month ago. Everything was complete except the ielts part( i scored 6.5 on speaking last time). I just got my new ielts result last friday and everything was 7+, so i quickly went to CPA office and asked for re assessment.

Now as you know, there is a rumour about accounting will be taken off the list, and CPA takes more than 10 working days to get my skill assessment updated.

so, my question is, can i submit my eoi using my previous skill assessment detail?i wonder if the new one will be the same, because it is only the updated version. Im 100% sure i will pass the skill assessment because i did it before. Has anyone did it before? Or i have to wait for my new skill assessment outcome which will be a problem because i only have 1 month time left before the new rules apply.

thank you

The difference between the skills assessment you have now and the one you should receive now that you have met the IELTS requirements is that the present one is negative. You can't submit an EOI for a 189 without a positive skills assessment. You will have to wait until you have the positive skills assessment in hand before you can submit your EOI.

Okay, i think better not:no:

So, what do you think i should do to get my skill assessment done quicker?

I've ever considered going to melbourne to IPA head office and get fast track 30 hours. What do you think? Is there any other option?

thanks guys

I don't understand why there's such a panic? I've not heard any rumour other than it being a flagged occupation and accountant has been flagged for quite a while. Even if it's taken off the SOL it's almost certain to remain on the CSOL and have a large number of states willing to sponsor.

Fair enough. I'm not aware of a faster way to process it I'm afraid.

On a related note, are you sure you have enough points without any work experience? Assuming you've got 30 points for age, 15 for a bachelor degree and 10 points for your IELTS, where's the other 5 points coming from?

+5 point for studying in australia for 2 years

I asked a migration agent to do skill assessment for me, apparently ICAA has an express option which can only be done by migration agent. They say it will take 3-5 working days, hopefully i can get it by thursday.

I just saw the next invitation quota, they will only give out total 2500 invitations for 189, i will still probably end up not getting the invitation if that is the case, i hope they will increase it to 4000 like last month :cry:

Most states have a separate sponsorship criteria/list for recent graduates from their universities, maybe check that out to see if you have a viable back-up option should the change be made.

I honestly have no idea regarding the ICAA, never used them for the assessments so don't know if it's true.

Hope you get a speedy decision,

Just an update.

i have got my skill assessment from both CPA and ICAA on last friday. Do not know why CPA would process my skill assessment so quick while they told me it would take 10-20 working days, mine took just 5 working days. So basically i spent over $1600 for migration agent to do my ICAA skill assessment for nothing.

I have also lodge my EOI on Friday 9:53 am

Thank you everyone for your support!!

Btw Wrussel, u are a migration agent, arent u?

just wondering how much u would charge for skill assessment?

The migration agent i used charged me $1000 for service fee alone, while the skill assessment only cost $600. Seems a bit too much for me.

Archived