When is the 2014/2015 SOL update due?

benthomas010

Do we know when to expect the updated SOL will be announced? Is there a set date or is it just as and when?

I want to start the process, and am fairly confident accountants will remain on the list, however as I believe the update is imminent I don't want to spend £150 on the IELTS test, or £350 on the CPA skills assessment whilst there is still some uncertainty - IF that uncertainty is due to be made clear in the next few weeks.

Thank you

Ben

Generally, the update comes into effect 1 July every year. So it looks like 1 July 2014.

http://www.governmentskills.com.au/news/29-cross-sector/152-skilled-occupation-list-sol

However, I think that any changes will be announced a bit before then, but they will take effect from 1 July.

My 2 cents:

At this stage, unless the processing time for CPA is very quick, holding off until you hear about any changes makes sense. Otherwise you won't get an EOI submitted in time.

Generally, the update comes into effect 1 July every year. So it looks like 1 July 2014.

http://www.governmentskills.com.au/news/29-cross-sector/152-skilled-occupation-list-sol

However, I think that any changes will be announced a bit before then, but they will take effect from 1 July.

My 2 cents:

At this stage, unless the processing time for CPA is very quick, holding off until you hear about any changes makes sense. Otherwise you won't get an EOI submitted in time.

Thanks that clears things up a bit, I shall be waiting until July then, that still allows me time to take the English test, and get CPA approval in time for an October submission of our EOI.

I expect that we'll be getting news of any changes by mid-June, but this is purely my guess. They can't really bring changes into effect without giving a bit of a heads up to all of the migration agents and potential applicants. But then again, they can!

If there isn't any rush, wait a couple of days. If you get some news, then maybe you can start planning a bit earlier.

Archived