Anmac professional reference

Hi all,

Think I have asked this already but thought I would ask again to see if anymore responses.

I am in the process of getting all my paperwork ready for anmac. The thing is I don't want to ask my

current employer for a professional reference yet as not long started there, can I just use my previous employer?! As long as I have more than 3 months experience (I have 6) in my current occupation which is nursing that should be enough shouldn't it?

I am not needing extra for visa points.

If anyone can offer advise would be much appreciated.

many thanks

sarah

• 1 month later...

These conditions do not specify it has to be your current employer????

Who can I use for my professional references?You should use the person who managed or supervised you. This person must be a nurse or midwife.

[h=4]What information do my professional references need to provide?[/h]On official letterhead your professional references need to provide:

• your dates of employment
  • your areas of experience
  • a statement about your professional competence as a nurse or midwife
  • examples of your professional competence as a nurse or midwife.

Your referee needs to date their original letter and include their name, position and signature on it.

ANMAC has provided an example (200 KB) that helps to explain the criteria listed above.

If your professional references do not meet these criteria then we will not accept their reference. This will slow down your application processing time because you will have to find another reference

• 7 months later...

Im going through the same process, your response is very detailed. Such a big help, Thank you so much !

These conditions do not specify it has to be your current employer????

Who can I use for my professional references?You should use the person who managed or supervised you. This person must be a nurse or midwife.

What information do my professional references need to provide?

On official letterhead your professional references need to provide:

• your dates of employment
  • your areas of experience
  • a statement about your professional competence as a nurse or midwife
  • examples of your professional competence as a nurse or midwife.

Your referee needs to date their original letter and include their name, position and signature on it.

ANMAC has provided an example (200 KB) that helps to explain the criteria listed above.

If your professional references do not meet these criteria then we will not accept their reference. This will slow down your application processing time because you will have to find another reference

• 1 month later...

Hi, would anyone know how to go about the professional reference if the previous institution that i've worked in does not practice writing such documents. The only document that the human resource department could offer me was a generic one, stating the years of service with the institution.

Is there any other way?

Archived