Occupational therapist migration to Oz!

Joanne Donnelly

Hey all :)

I'm an OT who has visited and worked in Oz as an OT already on a WHV. I understand all the processes with registration etc and currently still hold a valid OTC skills assessment which will expire in sept 2015. Though I'm back in the uk because we left OZ after visa was up and travelled for a bit, we are keen to return. I don't actually know how difficult it is now to migrate under skilled migrate independent visa? How in demand ate OTs throughout OZ generally? I worked in regional south Australia great experience as a locus and did community OT including work with flying doctors! They discussed sponsorship but I could not live in this particular place for 4years, 5 months was enough. I am just unsure of demand and how easy it is to migrate as I feel that OTs are not quite needed as much as they once were.

Any advice really appreciated :)

thanks

There have been a few OT's on here who have emigrated, have you looked for old posts. If you do then you might be able to PM them and ask them questions. I wish I could help you more but hopefully someone else can. I think I'm going to do OT too, flying doctors sounds an amazing experience!

• 7 months later...

Not sure if you are still looking but I have applied for a 489 visa and have had to change where I go due to the skills list changing, be aware they change every June. We are now going to regional NSW but eventually want to live on the Sunshine Coast near friends. It's taken us 6 years so I will go where I need to to get into the country and go from there. Very nervous as this is one area we have never been and have noticed jobs are limited (5 jobs on seek!). 2015 will be an adventure......

Archived