Awaiting partner visa

siandear

Hi, We applied for my partner visa back in October last year. I have travelled back to the uk in the last few weeks and may have to stay for a couple of months to care for a relative. Does anyone know what will happen with my application if I am not back in Australia if and when it gets authorised?

many thanks,

So you applied onshore for an 820? What visa were you on when you left? If you were on a Bridging Visa A, you should have gotten a Bridging Visa B before you left, which has an expiration date. Ignoring the visa to get back into the country issue right now since I don't know your current visa status -

If your visa is granted while you are overseas, it's nullified, you lose your application fee and have to start all over. But they *generally* check to make sure you're onshore before granting. If I were you, though, I'd cover your bases, and send your CO (or just the general embassy email) a message saying you're out of the country and when you plan to return, and ask them (nicely) not to decide your visa until you get back since you understand you have to be onshore.

I returned to the UK and then Europe for a brief spell. My CO then emailed and told me to return to Oz within 28 days to receive my visa. As soon as I landed, I received the email to say it had been granted. Be warned, though, if you remain in the UK for a period of time, you may be asked for a new PCC.

Archived