Hello! Any biomedical sceintists/ medical labotatory scientists out there?

Xerxes

Hi,

I've just joined the forum!

I'm a biomedical scientist in Shropshire and have successfully had my skills assessed, and now I have to sit the Australian Institute of Medical Scientists (AIMS) professional exam in September. If I pass I can then apply for my skilled independent visa!

Are there any other biomedical scientists on here who can share their experiences with me?

Thanks! :smile:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'm thinking of going down the medical lab scientist route. I'm currently doing a forensic science foundation degree but there isn't really a follow up for me so if I continue onto a full degree then I'm going to aim for a degree which will allow me to work as a medical lab scientist and hopefully it'll still be on the SOL list in a few years lol.

Bet Sept feels a long way away.

Hi, thanks for your reply!

You will need a degree in Biomedical Science to be a medical laboratory scientist over there. I don't know if that's what you meant you were doing?

Yes September seems like forever! Especially as we just want to do it NOW!

Doing forensic science for 2 years (just finishing first year) then will see what I can do after that. Hopefully biomedical sciences but I'm kinda tied to 1 uni (can't relocate and travel would have to be thought about carefully).

There are thousands of people on the forum I'm sure there must be a few biomedical scientists who've made the move. All depends if they are still 'active'.

Which area are you wanting to move to? There are forums for individual places, Perth poms, Melbourne, I think Queensland too. Could be worth giving those a look. :-)

Archived