North eastern burbs melbourne - eltham

ackack

Hi

what are your opinions about the Eltham area? Is it nice for families? Affordable? What are the public (non paying) schools and kindergartens like? What about the commute to CBD?

any advice and tips and experiences would me much appreciated. Thanks x

HI, i grew up down the road in Greensborough, its a very very nice part of Melbourne, lots of trees, native animals/birds etc... Trains take about 40mins into the city at peak hour, a little longer when it stops all stations. Lots of parks.. Schools, nice people, great place to grow up

Yes, it is lovely place. The drive to the city can be a bit congested (not that everyone works in the middle of the city!) so look near links to the train line. It is very green and tends to be a little soggy in late Autumn/ winter because of the leaves - so you get a good sense of the seasons. It is a properly established area with good infrastructure.

Eltham is just down the road from us, and yes I agree, very nice area. Lots of trees and hills, it feels rural despite being accessible to the CBD by bus or train. My kids go to school there and we are quite happy :)

Archived