Some advice please.

Danny Smith

i recently returned from a 1year working holiday visa in Australia, where I stayed with my Australian family. Now I am looking into moving out there permanently, but have been unsussful in finding any visa. I don't hold any qualifications to back up a sponsorship visa and don't really know what else i could do is there someone i could talk to that would help me to find the right visa to work towards? I'm 22 and have been living in the UK all my life, my mum moved to Australia 17 years ago and is now a permanent resident, I also have a younger brother and sister out there both Australian citizens also. if you need any more information to help me then please just ask me.

Anything you know that could point me in the right direction would be fantastic and greatly appreciated.

i recently returned from a 1year working holiday visa in Australia, where I stayed with my Australian family. Now I am looking into moving out there permanently, but have been unsussful in finding any visa. I don't hold any qualifications to back up a sponsorship visa and don't really know what else i could do is there someone i could talk to that would help me to find the right visa to work towards? I'm 22 and have been living in the UK all my life, my mum moved to Australia 17 years ago and is now a permanent resident, I also have a younger brother and sister out there both Australian citizens also. if you need any more information to help me then please just ask me.

Anything you know that could point me in the right direction would be fantastic and greatly appreciated.

It is unfortunate your mother did not sponsor you for a child visa four years ago! Now your options are practically non existent. If your dad or any other siblings are still in UK then the last remaining relative visa is not an option. But in any case this visa took 16 years and is about to be revoked so goodness knows what will happen to processing times, they will probably get worse!

The good news is you are young and plenty of time to establish yourself in a career. To be honest, I would put this plan on ice, it just isn't going to happen at the moment. Focus on getting a career and getting skilled, in something you want to do and then look into skilled migration later.

I agree, I didn't have the skills to get to Australia or provide my family with a good income, so at the age of 28 I went back to uni and retrained for something I was interested in and would be sought after in Oz.

The 3 years of training have flown by and not only can I move to Oz next year I will have a good career and salary to support my family in the long run.

At 22, you don't realise how lucky you are. Having a dream makes you more determined in the long run. Why not look at the SOL and CSOL lists (preferably the SOL) and see whether you feel any of those careers would be suitable for you. Then look into courses at your local uni or through the Open University.

It gets far harder as you get older, but at least when you get to Australia you can afford to stand on your two feet and have a good quality of life.

Hello Danny,

To start looking into your options it would be helpful for the forum members to know:

- Any tertiary qualifications you hold and when you attained them

- A breakdown of your employment history. What occupations you worked in and dates of employment.

- Where all your immediate family members reside (if in Australia, which postcodes)

- Was the WHV your first and did you complete 3 months of specified regional work?

All the best,

Archived