309/11 - Medicals - Tourist Visa

NikkiM

Hey Guys, some of you may vaguely know my story but here it is again, (as quickly as possible!) - i would appreciate any of your experiences/advice.

My partner Ronnie has applied for a 309/100 visa last August. He is from a HR country (Bangladesh) so was quoted a 12 month processing time.

Everything has been going along fine. A few routine emails from case officer clarifying certain things etc along the way.

30th April Ronnie was asked to do his medicals and send through police certs - meds were done on the 4th may and police check sent through last week.

In the meantime, Ronnie has applied for, and been granted, a tourist visa to come for a visit (as we were working to the 12 months processing time).

After we sent through those documents, case officer thanked him etc in reply email and said that she would finalise the visa once meds were cleared as they had been referred.

We got a bit of a shock as didn't think he would have any problems and case officer said to speak to our panel doctor. We did so and he has stated there are no problems with meds and they are going through routine clearance, of which the timeframe varies - case officer then confirmed this was the case.

So, we got our hopes up when we thought it would be soon, then they fell down when they were said to be referred and now were just plain confused!

We forgot about it, for the time being and focussed on getting him here with the tourist visa. It is my birthday next week and he has been aiming to arrive for that.

We emailed the case officer today to inform her of our thoughts (we had mentioned earlier and were given the all clear), she has today said that he should not make travel arrangement (even on the tourist visa) until he has been advised that his medicals have been cleared.

What does this mean?! Ive seen on here MULTIPLE times that people are travelling on tourist visas before the grant of the 309, and as they are totally separate we are wondering why she is advising this? I can't help but put a positive spin on it and think its her way of saying, "wait it out a bit longer" and perhaps the 309 will be coming through but as has been said on here many times, there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to grants so I'm bound to be grasping at straws!

Anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks for reading if you've got this far :biggrin:

Wrong Visa numbers in the title sorry guys! *309/100

Archived