Sydney September 26th on my own - hostel adivce!?

GeorginaBrown

Hi everyone,

I've booked a flight to Sydney for end of September. I'm 24 and worried about making friends to travel/work with. I'm thinking of signing up to one of those OzIntro weeks to make friends. Or I could go to a hostel and hope for the best. Any advice would be very welcome!! Nervous! I'm hoping to find a smaller hostel where they put organised events on.

THANKS! Georgina x

They all pretty much put on organised events. Don't waste your money on an organised intro, better to do a tour when you get here and meet a cross section of newbies and more established people who can give you tips and ideas.

Some of the tours arent that social anyway from what I have seen/heard. They use wake-up and base hostels some of them, so you could book In there and kind of tag along or try Jolly Swagman or Jackaroo which both have great reviews and organised stuff. Kings cross back backers I know has lots of social stuff going on but it's/was party central from what I hear so may be a bit much.

Don't go for a small place, likely you'll be stuck with a load of long termers who aren't Interested and are just working, go somewhere with high turnover so you maximise the amount of people you meet!

Go couchsurfing! It's the best way to get to know some like minded locals, find out some priceless local knowledge and have somewhere to stay. I travelled all round the world for 7mo and couch surfed pretty much all the time.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived