Getting the official documents 'notified'.. advice needed

cherries002

I am a nurse and just getting the documents together for my initial skills assessment with ANMAC. For those who have got to the visa application stage, could you tell me what documents (and HOW MANY?) do you think I should get officially signed for at the solicitors so that I only have to make 1 visit and hopefully keep the cost to a minimum.

Thanks in advance

Check carefully the requirements for each document, for some things a colour photocopy didn't need verification. For others they could be countersigned by a doctor/teacher, etc - others unfortunately (mostly those for AHPRA) did need a notary when in the UK. We tried our hardest to make it one visit, but there is always the extra document we didn't expect, so prepare yourself for at least two.

Its also worth checking other posts/threads about notarising. Some I think have got documents notarised at the local court quite cheaply.

All the best!

Hi,

I needed documents certifying for AHPRA (regulatory body for allied health professionals). I contacted my local county court, arranged an appointment, and the magistrate signed the copies, with an official court stamp (I had to ask the Clerk of the court for this) for about £25 I think. Definitely much cheaper than the £100 I was quoted at a solicitor's. So, check with ANMAC who can certify your documents, and I'd recommend the court route if they say a registered Justice of the Peace can do so. I'm not sure how many you need I'm afraid - I checked the AHPRA guidelines and went from there - I suspect ANMAC will have similar guidelines/requirements?

Good luck!

Natalie