Sub-class 100 visa - permanent partner

vickyplum

Hi all. After recently being granted a temporary 309 defacto visa, I idly wonder what the limitations are on the 100 permanent partner visa. Does the relationship need to continue for the 5 year period of this second visa? Does the non-Australian partner ever get to stay in Australia without being reliant on their partner for resident status? The immigration website was not very helpful...

There are no restrictions once the 100 is granted - you have your own permanent residency independent of any relationships. As long as the 100 visa wasn't obtained fraudulently, there's nowt to worry about!

thanks! That's what I thought, until I looked it up and realised the 100 visa was referred to as permanent partner visa.

There are no restrictions once the 100 is granted - you have your own permanent residency independent of any relationships. As long as the 100 visa wasn't obtained fraudulently, there's nowt to worry about!
Edited by vickyplum