Is it easy going out alone?

PerthLoveCaz

Hi everyone, im looking to go out to Perth end of the year, hoping to look at just before christmas as more chances of finding work with christmas temps etc.. i am going out alone and although my brother lives in Perth and has been there for 7 years im still going out alone im just wanting to know if anyone else has and how they got on with it and did you feel alone or was it easy to get into the swing of things? Im hoping to find work within a few weeks. I am currently working as a receptionist and a sales assistant in a department store. Hope to hear some feedback, thanks in advance :biggrin:

Guest Dave carter

hi there! im going out alone. looks like ill be going to perth around mid september. not sure what to expect really! be good to see what people say, im sure were not alone and lots of people do it :biggrin:

Guest Dave carter

im planning on trying to get a job before i leave but if not ill just continue searching when i arrive out there. not sure what im doing accommodation wise yet, ill sort that nearer the time. im an engineer( cnc machinist etc) by trade but ill work anywhere if i need to. im sure thell be times where ill feel very alone and homesick but im sure ill be fine.... im not planning on coming back after ive left no matter how hard things get :biggrin:

will you be able to stay with your brother atall or are you going to find somewhere yourself?

Yeah i will stay with my brother but i do plan to house share for a while, I have visited Perth a number of times now and i kind of know my way round, so im hoping to get a job in the city and as you say just stick with it and carry on no matter how hard and homesick ill get, a walk down the beach at night with the sunsetting and ill be ok again ;-)

Guest Dave carter

sounds like youve got good plans set out :) ive never even been to oz before so its going to be a big learning curve! I think ill have many nights walking on the beach! haha

I moved to Melbourne on my own just under 3 months ago - LOVE IT! Sounds like you're going with the right attitude, and that's half the battle. Do some research, find some social groups/activities that you can get involved in to meet new people. We have a Newbies Meetup group here in Melbourne that run events for newcomers, might be worth checking out Meetups.com to see if there's anything similar in Perth? I've found it a great way to meet people. Housemates and work colleagues will also be a good starting point.

Jump into it with a positive attitude, be prepared to put a bit of work into making new friends and you'll be just fine.

Totally with you on the walk on the beach - I do that whenever I start feeling a little homesick.

Best of luck with the move guys!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived