Healthcare Band 4??

McFisher

Hi,

Me and my husband are looking to move to Australia, however I need to first train to become a nurse to get us over there. Being a nurse is what i've always wanted to do anyway. Although i'm now knocking on at 35!!

My mum works at a hospital and was talking to a girl who is doing her nursing and she said she looked into Australia too, and that she saw that you could get over there as a band 4, instead of a band 5 (nurse)....which would be amazing if its true, as it would mean we could shave a good couple of years off our waiting/training time.

Does anyone know if this is correct? I am trying to look into it myself but am not having much luck at the mo...

Thank you in advance xxx

• 2 months later...

Maybe this form can help you? I don't know too much about the process.

[h=2]Main navigation[/h]

[h=2]You are here[/h]

1. Home
  2. Accreditation Services
  3. Accreditation stages

Share on printShare on email

[h=1]Accreditation stage 1: Pre-application (4 steps)[/h][h=2]Accreditation stages[/h]

Education provider gathers all necessary information and forms to meet ANMAC accreditation application requirements.

Education provider notifies ANMAC of intention to submit.

• [h=2]Step 1[/h]
    Education provider visits ANMAC’s website and downloads an Intention to Submit form.

• [h=2]Step 2[/h]
    Education provider downloads these documents:

1. ANMAC Application Pack
    2. ANMAC Standards and Criteria for the Accreditation of Nursing and Midwifery programs leading to registration, enrolment, endorsement and authorisation relevant to the program (enrolled nurse, registered nurse, registered midwife)
    3. National Framework for the Accreditation of Nursing and Midwifery Courses leading to Registration, Enrolment, Endorsement, and Authorisation in Australia 2009
    4. ANMAC National Guidelines for the Accreditation of Nursing and Midwifery Courses leading to Registration, Enrolment, Endorsement, and Authorisation in Australia
    5. ANMAC schedule of fees for accreditation.

[*][h=2]Step 3[/h]

Education provider submits Intention to Submit form to ANMAC.

ANMAC then notifies the education provider they have received the intent and allocate a unique job code for the submission.

[*][h=2]Step 4[/h]

Education provider prepares submission in accordance with ANMAC Submission Guidelines using the ANMAC Standards and Criteria for the accreditation of nursing and midwifery programs leading to registration, enrolment, endorsement and authorisation.

[h=3]Support tools[/h]

Archived