just saying hello

sarahjh

Hi everyone,

Just thought i would pop by and say hello to everyone, cant wait to read this forum.

I'm currently looking into moving to oz to get more time with my family as we don't see each other. My husband is a car transporter and works away all week, he is only home friday night till monday morning. I'm currently working as a bar manager so end up working all day all weekend. We have 2 children, 11 and 18 years old and we never do anything as a family together. this has been our way of life for years now and its getting too much. I also have NVQ level 2 in supporting teaching and learning in schools. I'm hoping we can get employment in any of the areas that we have experience in.

We don't really know where to start so any help will be gratefully received, we are going to the expo in birmingham on saturday and have filled in the online visa assessment before we go.

hope to speak to you all soon

sarah x

Hi everyone,

Just thought i would pop by and say hello to everyone, cant wait to read this forum.

I'm currently looking into moving to oz to get more time with my family as we don't see each other. My husband is a car transporter and works away all week, he is only home friday night till monday morning. I'm currently working as a bar manager so end up working all day all weekend. We have 2 children, 11 and 18 years old and we never do anything as a family together. this has been our way of life for years now and its getting too much. I also have NVQ level 2 in supporting teaching and learning in schools. I'm hoping we can get employment in any of the areas that we have experience in.

We don't really know where to start so any help will be gratefully received, we are going to the expo in birmingham on saturday and have filled in the online visa assessment before we go.

hope to speak to you all soon

sarah x

Welcome to the forum Sarah. Quick question before I think about it further, but what is a car transporter? I am assuming you mean a driver, but I thought I would check before I make myself look more foolish than normal.

Hi Rupert

yes he is a driver, class 2 7 half tonne + trailer

Yes I thought you would say that but had hoped you would announce it was something different. Hoped because unfortunately, HGV driver is not on the occupations list and accordingly you will not be able to get any work related visa, not even if you could secure a job. All you could do is watch the lists and see if it comes on, but I have been on migration forums for five years and it has never been on in that time.

Likewise I do not believe that you are going to be able to get a visa on your skills either. Teaching support roles are much sought after and accordingly I am almost certain that it will not be on the list either, but please do check. But your path is not clear and possibly will require one of you to retrain and hope that whatever you retrain in will remain on the lists when you are ready.

I suppose the only other consoling thought, is that Australia does not automatically change your lifestyle. People work away from home here as much as there, it is choice. You can make those lifestyle changes wherever you are if you are determined to do it. Perhaps Australia would be your catalyst, but if you can't find a way here, then find another catalyst.

good luck whatever.

I did a visa assessment last week based on the qualification i will receive after a course i am about to do for bar/restaurant manager and i received a positive result, I will just see what they say at the weekend, if i dont ask ill never know.

Archived