Newcomer to bundaberg

Alytia

Hi

My husband and children, who will be two and a half and one when we move over to Bundy need some information on where is best to live that is family friend and preferably by the beach with a pool. We will both be teaching in Bundy. Also it would be great to hear from anyone over there who has moved or due to move. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Hi - we've been here four years and love it. Recommend living in Bargara by the beach. Feel free to ask any qs. Where will you be teaching?

Hi, thanks for the response- 4 years! Must be good. From my research I thought Bargara would be my first choice. Thanks for that. We will be teaching at Shalom college. I hope you don't mind me asking a few questions- I am finding that a number of letting agents are saying you must be in the country to secure a rental. I did want to secure something before, due to having small children- did you encounter a similar problem? Do you have any advice or tips?

Whereabouts in the UK did you move from? We are moving from Dorset. Does a great deal of Bundy/Bargara shut down for Xmas/new year period. Just trying to get the timing right in combination with my husband finishing his current school!

i hope you don't mind me asking, did you migrate with family?

Thanks so much in advance- you can read so much, but personal experience is invaluable!

Take care

Alytia & Aaron

Hi Alytia and Aaron

Me and my hubby and two boys moved from Gold Coast to Bunday about 10 months ago now. Bargara is a lovely place to live if you want to be by the beach. But saying that there are many lovely areas around such as Innes Park, Coral Cove, Elliott Heads etc. We don't live near the beach but we really like Bundaberg. It is a lovely place to bring up children - quiet and laid back with really great community spirited people.

Our rental agents "ANP" in Bundaberg are really good. Not sure how they would be about securing a property from the UK, but they secured a property for us without us travelling to Bundy from the Gold Coast to view it first and they were the best as other agents did not really want to deal with us because we were not able to view the properties. Just google them and give them a call to see whether they would be able to help you. The only advice I would give about securing a property from outside of Australia would be to show that you have sufficent funds for rent, evidence of the jobs you will be starting etc... If you can provide as much info for them that will make them confident in you then you should be in with a good chance. This is what we did when we secured our first rental from the UK to the Gold Coast when we first came over.

Good luck and if you need any further advice please let me know

Hi Alytia and Aaron

Me and my hubby and two boys moved from Gold Coast to Bunday about 10 months ago now. Bargara is a lovely place to live if you want to be by the beach. But saying that there are many lovely areas around such as Innes Park, Coral Cove, Elliott Heads etc. We don't live near the beach but we really like Bundaberg. It is a lovely place to bring up children - quiet and laid back with really great community spirited people.

Our rental agents "ANP" in Bundaberg are really good. Not sure how they would be about securing a property from the UK, but they secured a property for us without us travelling to Bundy from the Gold Coast to view it first and they were the best as other agents did not really want to deal with us because we were not able to view the properties. Just google them and give them a call to see whether they would be able to help you. The only advice I would give about securing a property from outside of Australia would be to show that you have sufficent funds for rent, evidence of the jobs you will be starting etc... If you can provide as much info for them that will make them confident in you then you should be in with a good chance. This is what we did when we secured our first rental from the UK to the Gold Coast when we first came over.

Good luck and if you need any further advice please let me know

Hi Charleen

Thanks so much, I have just emailed them, so will let you know how we get on! If you don't mind me asking, how old are your boys? I also need to find a good nursery and have found that recommendation is so much better than reading reports! How are you finding settling in? Any tips, info greatfully received!

Thanks so much again,

Alytia & Aaron

Hi - we emigrated from Staffordshire but I'm originally from Cornwall and Jane from Bristol. We got a holiday rental initially while we found somewhere permanent and it does tend to be easier to find somewhere when you're here. Yes we have a family, but by the sounds of it a bit older than yours - our daughter is 14. Bundy / Bargara doesn't close down over Xmas period so it won't disrupt your arrival if you come then. Jane is Head of Primary at St. Luke's school, so we're obviously biased to recommend their Early Learning Centre which has kindy and pre-prep leading into prep in the main primary school. However, there are other good options such as Acorns nursery. Feel free to ask any more qs - if you PM me I'll send you our email as don't check in on PiO very often

Hi Alytia!

We moved up here in January - both young boys to to St Lukes which they love - ( one son in the Kindy which is great) living ( renting until we're sure...) in Bargara which is extremely laid back and has lovely beaches - let me know if you fancy a coffee and playground meet etc!

Can be hard to move over straight from the UK but I'm sure you'll love it ...!

( fab climate too!)

Michelle

Hi Charleen

Thanks so much, I have just emailed them, so will let you know how we get on! If you don't mind me asking, how old are your boys? I also need to find a good nursery and have found that recommendation is so much better than reading reports! How are you finding settling in? Any tips, info greatfully received!

Thanks so much again,

Alytia & Aaron

Hi Alytia,

We have settled in pretty good. We found it a little quiet at first, especially moving from the Gold Coast but over the past 10 months Bundy has grown on us. I have got used to the laid back easygoing lifestyle. I work as a hairdresser in town and find that a majority of the clients that come into the salon are lovely, community spirited people. My boys are 11 and 5. My youngest started prep in January and is doing good. I am not sure about which child care centres are good as we have never used any here but I am sure there are good ones around and someone can give you more info.

How did you get on with the agents? Did you have any luck?

Anything else you need to know I will try to be of help.

Charlene

Hi all, haven't been on here much since we arrived in oz 12 months ago, we original moved to Brisbane and love it..but hubby's company has just asked him to relocate to bundy, apparently his workplace will be near the sugar lands??still undecided if we will relocate or reject the job offer and stay in Brisbane, but I am looking for suburbs to research, if anyone has any input, I like kepnock from what I have seen online? We are going up next month to check it all out. I have two daughter age 3.5 and 1.5 and am concerned there won't be things for them to do, they currently have dancing, swimming, kindergym and play group. Also wondering about kindy reccommendations

tia

Hi Tia,

If how friendly, lovely and helpful people have been is an indication of an area, then it seems to be amazing! Everyone has said how family friendly it is! We are looking at Bargara. I signed up to a Facebook page to get an indication of the activity for little ones and there seems to be loads going on- its called wide bay kids. There seem to be lots of lovely nurseries also. I would be interested in how you get on when you visit- keep us postedxx

Archived