2nd working holiday visa relationship status

E2014

Hi everyone,

i just had had a quick enquiry regarding the relationship status part of the second working holiday visa form.

I was just wondering if any one has had or knows of someone that has been denied the visa because they selected 'de facto' in the options rather than 'never married'.

I camt ant find any information on restrictions regarding relationships and WHV so was interested to see if anyone had any issues with it.

Relationship status is not a restriction on being granted a WHV, and you should always be completely honest in answering the questions on the visa application form, so if you are in a de facto relationship, you should indicate that.

It may lead to consideration of whether you are a genuine visitor whose principal purpose is to spend a holiday in Australia (this is a criteria for grant of the visa), if you are in Australia and in a de facto relationship in Australia. If DIBP decided that your principal purpose was not for a holiday in Australia, then the visa could be refused. You may be asked to provide evidence that your principal purpose is for (/to continue) your holiday in Australia. There is also a possibility that if you do convince DIBP that you satisfy the criteria - that the principal purpose is as a genuine visitor to continue your holiday in Australia, then the visa may be granted with a "no further stay" condition - preventing you from lodging a partner visa application in Australia.

Archived