Rugby???

Guest S.O.F.I.E<3

Guest S.O.F.I.E<3

hey

im sixteen an have played rugby since i was about 9

my parents are sorting out about moving to oz

i was wondering how advanced girls/womens rugby is????

and how easy it is to find teams???

also wheather there is different rules to in the uk?

sof x x :cute:

First post

Guest S.O.F.I.E<3

does anyone know anythin bout girls/womens rugby in oz???

cause i really dont wanna move unless i know:wacko:

Guest Weemac
hey

im sixteen an have played rugby since i was about 9

my parents are sorting out about moving to oz

i was wondering how advanced girls/womens rugby is????

and how easy it is to find teams???

also wheather there is different rules to in the uk?

sof x x :cute:

First post

Hi Sofie,

Yep it is there and finding it is quite easy, search for State/Territory+Rugby Union and you will find something 100% (e.g. Victoria Rugby Union)

The Laws are the same, tag and touch is popular, although as you already have the taste for full contact then you will be able to find that too.

Be warned though, Union varies in popularity in the various areas as it competes with League and AFL.

I coach here in UK and have contacted a couple of organisations over there with a view to continuing coaching when (if) I finally make it to Oz. They have been very welcoming so I am sure that they will welcome another player into the fold too.

Good luck with it,

Mac

Guest S.O.F.I.E<3

cheers.

i also coach an under 10s and 11s team. lookin at going to the next level an doin my coachin courses.

but im not sure weather to carry on with the rugby when (if) we move to be honest cause its gunna be completly different over there with fitness an many other things.

sofie x

Guest Weemac

Sofie,

Firstly well done for getting involved in coaching at such an early stage of your playing career. As a coach you will see things completely differently and it is a sure-fire way to improve as player. The more female coaches out there with a passion for the game can only be a good thing for the development of the sport.

I am currently the Head Coach for Dorset & Wiltshire U18 Ladies and enjoy helping to develop this aspect of the game. They are treated 100% as rugby players as I believe that they are players first and ladies second. Great bunch to work with.

As for the game being different over there, yes you are correct, but...you will be bringing different elements to them that they may never have encountered before...this is something that will not only develop them as players, but also you as a coach. I have coached in other countries before from Canada..around Europe..and as far as Thailand..the players are different..the style is different...but they all need passionate coaching...so don't quit yet..you have a lot to give!!

Enjoy and good luck,

In Rugby,

Mac

Guest S.O.F.I.E<3

thanks. yeah i found that with coaching i started to understand why i was doing things rather than it all being natural.

see i prefer that style of coaching but you dont tend to find it round near me, the coaches are more like "best friends" which doesnt achieve anything because they get to involved in the players personal lives and then its ladies before rugby players. i am cuurently playing for cinderford U18

i didnt think of it like that. Thank you. i guess playing in a different country would just open you eyes to more talent and different game plays.

thanks

sofie :cute:

Archived