Does the Nursing Diploma cover the new Criteria 8 for AHPRA registration please?

flipflop00

Hi,

Does anyone know if a Diploma in Adult Nursing will satisfy criteria 8 in order to achieve AHPRA registration.

I qualified in 2012 - and applied to AHPRA in February this year, but since the changes in criteria for registration - it concerns me I may not be allowed to register.

Apparantly Criteria 8 regards pharmocology. Something which I studied throughout my training - but not assessed as such with an assignment.

I phone AHPRA up a couple of times each week - and the people who answer the phone are friendly and try to be helpful - but they are not informative (they just do not know anything to tell me) - other than, to just keep on waiting... which is very frustrating.

Has anyone else applied with a Diploma recently and had any response please?

• 1 month later...

Hi,

When I have recently received an email from AHPRA requesting this information I contacted my university who were very helpful and sent relevant information. I also forwarded information from my current employment which included study days on the safe administration if medications and handouts from this study day with details of areas covered. I am also an advanced diploma nurse, very worried with the current situation regarding registration. I am currently completing my Bsc honours degree so have completed a further 4 modules at university most at 30 credits level 3 and one at 20 credits level 3. I am just finishing writing my dissertation to complete.

K

Archived