Gladstone? Primary Schools and general info

jillyrj

Hi there

We're moving to Gladstone in the next couple of months....EXCITING!!

My daughter is 5 and I'm really struggling to decide on a school choice. We're not religious but would consider either a private or state school. There is only so much you can read about schools online - does anyone have and personal knowledge and advice on schools in Gladstone please?

Also wondered if anyone has any general advice on the area? I have a sponsored visa offer and have visited the area once before, earlies this year when I had my interview.

Thanks in advance!

Jill

Sorry cannot help a long way out of my area.

Join up with the Queensland forum and post on it as well you may get a better response with the local forum. Link at the foot of this forum. Good luck

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

are you going to live in Gladstone? Have you considered boyne Island or Tannum sands? Excellent schools there along with great quality of life. Far nicer in Boyne/Tannum IMHO. Let me know if you need any more info as iv lived here for 2 years.

Hi,

I grew up in gladstone (but have been living in uk for last 16years) so may not be the best advice i can give.

there are a few schools in gladstone. I went to KIN KORA school as a child, and one of the other schools was called SOUTH i think.

I think KIN KORA was one of the better known primary schools.

Gladstone is where most people work at QAL the aliminum plant. It is a nice area,has nice marina and shops.

Boyne & Tannum is beautiful, however unfortunatly i think its about 15-20min drive into gladstone if i remember correctly..

Archived