Eoi - Should I choose multiple visa categories?

cuberoot

Im filling out my EOI and I'm a little confused about something. Originally, I was planning on only submitting EOI for 189. I believe I have a pretty strong case for 189 so obviously I want an invitation for this category.

My question is: should I check other categories as well? Just in case?

I would probably also qualify under 190 and and maybe even 489. Is there any harm in checking these as well?

Im filling out my EOI and I'm a little confused about something. Originally, I was planning on only submitting EOI for 189. I believe I have a pretty strong case for 189 so obviously I want an invitation for this category.

My question is: should I check other categories as well? Just in case?

I would probably also qualify under 190 and and maybe even 489. Is there any harm in checking these as well?

Wll there is not a lot of point in checking the 190 and 489 without having applied for state sponsorship. For most states you need to do this separately.

Wll there is not a lot of point in checking the 190 and 489 without having applied for state sponsorship. For most states you need to do this separately.

Hi Rupert

Contacting each state individually?

Should this be done pre, part of or post your EOI being submitted, Accepted or Invited to Interview?

Where did you get this info from as I searched for guidance on this a while back and came up with unclear results or none at all?

Paul

Hi Rupert

Contacting each state individually?

Should this be done pre, part of or post your EOI being submitted, Accepted or Invited to Interview?

Where did you get this info from as I searched for guidance on this a while back and came up with unclear results or none at all?

Paul

Well yes you have to apply to them separately, as they are all different .. so South Australia won't know about you if you contact New South Wales say. But it is not a good idea to apply to more than one at once.

You won't get an invitation for a 190 or 489 visa if you have not secured the state sponsorship up front. Have you checked the state sponsorship lists to see which state is sponsoring your occupation? That would be a good start, then decide which state you would like to apply to and then look into the states application process. I think it is just WA that will look at the EOIs and invite you to apply for sponsorship, the rest I believe you need to contact directly.

Archived