House on market, feels real now

zk2102

Like the title says, our house is now up for sale.

This is the first time since our decision to emigrate that I'm beginning to feel a little bit anxious.

Don't get me wrong, I still really want to go but it all feels very real at the moment. It's weird seeing the house on the internet. You don't just sell anymore, it's all about gearing up to an open day which seems to be a new thing here. I wouldn't call the house a labour of love (it took up a huge chunk of our family time), I now have enough building experience that I could probably pass as a tradie now :wink:.

Did anyone else feel like this when they came to sell or am I just being a wussy?

Guest guest30085

Hi zk

No, you're not the only one. I've been waiting many many years to be able to move to Oz, and it's taken me years to get my visa. I've never faltered once on reaching the 'goal' that I set myself. I've lived in this house for several years now, never particularly liked it (it was my ex's choice) and although it's been ok, it's never somewhere that I've really thought of as home. Then I put the house on the market .. I never ever thought I would have the 'wobbles' but I have now. I just think it's finally hit me what I'm leaving behind and that I'm going to be out of my comfort zone. But I'm surprised by the feelings that surfaced. I never thought I'd feel them, but I am.

That's exactly how I feel. I don't feel any emotional attachment to the house but I'm beginning to feel out of my comfort zone.

Ive always been a really confident person but wow, what we're doing is huge.

I know I'll be fine, all of us have wanted this move for years and have spent so much time planning. Just want the house gone now.

I'm the same. We've just accepted an offer on the house, so it is going through solicitors etc. Some days I'm so excited it's a step closer and other's I get very nervous about random things that are really trivial (like stressing about renting a car when we reach Oz to get to our first location!). Just keep telling myself that everything that is happening gets me closer to getting on that plane!

I'm the same. We've just accepted an offer on the house, so it is going through solicitors etc. Some days I'm so excited it's a step closer and other's I get very nervous about random things that are really trivial (like stressing about renting a car when we reach Oz to get to our first location!). Just keep telling myself that everything that is happening gets me closer to getting on that plane!

Yep, it's the silly things that wake me up at night. There's so much to do!!

I have been in OZ for 2 years now and it has gone so quick. The move is stressful, anxious and there is a fear of the unknown. Its the best move we have ever made, once you get here, it all falls into place, make it happen.

Good luck, its amazing here

Hi zk.

we put our house on the market for £10k more than the estate agents valuation as we were not in any hurry and it sold in 3 weeks!

we are moving to my mums this week for a few months before the move - and the sick feeling doesn't get any better!!

i have booked my flight to melbourne for september, arranged a short term rental, my wife and little one join me in November so it will be hard being away from them too. haven't managed to get any online interviews yet, so that's stressing me.

it's seeming real for us too - after all the planning and work to get the visas. it all seems like a dream - but now it's all real.

scary but exiting at the same time. what an adventure though!

whereabouts are you heading?

Paul.

Hi zk.

we put our house on the market for £10k more than the estate agents valuation as we were not in any hurry and it sold in 3 weeks!

we are moving to my mums this week for a few months before the move - and the sick feeling doesn't get any better!!

i have booked my flight to melbourne for september, arranged a short term rental, my wife and little one join me in November so it will be hard being away from them too. haven't managed to get any online interviews yet, so that's stressing me.

it's seeming real for us too - after all the planning and work to get the visas. it all seems like a dream - but now it's all real.

scary but exiting at the same time. what an adventure though!

whereabouts are you heading?

Paul.

hi Paul. We're hoping to head off in September to Brisbane. The estate agents reckon it takes on average 2 weeks to sell round here. Ours it up for silly money too but yesterday we had loads of people hanging around outside and trying to get in before the 'launch' next Saturday.

We don't have jobs to go to either. I can imagine we're going to be getting a lot more stressed in the comming months! I'm glad we're not the only ones, it's reassuring that others feel the same too in a funny kind of way. You're right though, what an adventure :biggrin:

Good luck to you.

thank you!

it's a big move isn't it! you realise just how big when you have to organise things.

on our first week of viewings we had 10 couples come round, it got a bit much when you have a 6 month old baby. it all worked out in the end though, which is exactly what i hope will happen in oz!

our removals are turning up on wednesday, i think that will be emotional - i've been in the house 15 years now!

still, onward and upward!

i think it's natural to get the jitters, well i hope so anyway!!

thank you!

it's a big move isn't it! you realise just how big when you have to organise things.

on our first week of viewings we had 10 couples come round, it got a bit much when you have a 6 month old baby. it all worked out in the end though, which is exactly what i hope will happen in oz!

our removals are turning up on wednesday, i think that will be emotional - i've been in the house 15 years now!

still, onward and upward!

i think it's natural to get the jitters, well i hope so anyway!!

Telling DD 18 that she had to take her posters down !!!! She didn't take to kindly. It's murder keeping the house tidy too,lol.

good luck on Wednesday.